My accountability: Crimsongrey

Options

Replies

• crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I read the schedule wrong and there was no spin class today, but I went to pilates instead. My abs are sore!
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    5k race today. Not a bad time for me, not my best, but not my worst. It was fun and a good reminder to my hubby that he does in fact like to run. I'm going to sign us up for more races to encourage him to get healthier :)
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    cozgslc8tafk.png
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    This week's plan.
    Monday: off
    Tuesday: Spin and Tone
    Wednesday: Yoga
    Thursday: Run
    Friday: off (clipping horses and doing extra barn work)
    Saturday: Spin
    Sunday: Run
    I'm going to try to ride a few times this week, but unfortunately riding isn't the top priority right now. There are a lot of things I need to get done around the barn before winter.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    When your done with yours do you want to come clip mine??
  • showjumper
    Options
    What is this week's plan? did you get to spin and run on the weekend?
    How's the winter property prep going?
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Well, let's just say the winter prep is going pretty well! The past 2 weeks have pretty much gone to hell as far as fitness and diet. I was sick last week and my focus this week has gone completely to a couple of projects in the barn. I'm ok with it though. Pretty soon it will be so cold outside that I'll be wanting to spend all day at the gym! This weekend we've got a lot of stuff to do around the barn so I'm not even going to try to make an exercise plan. Next week! There's always next week!
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    I've decided to not even make a plan for this week. The weather is going to be decent and I really want to get a few projects done before it gets too cold. I'm going to get stuff done and ride. I've had a few rides lately, after a summer of almost none, and have been reminded of how much I need it. In a way, it was good I took some time off. I feel refreshed and energized to make plans for next summer. My indoor is small, but it will get a lot of use this winter :)
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Maintenance projects are still exercise. Moving tree limbs and yard waste from storm clean up reacquainted me with some muscles I haven't used in awhile. Don't discount what you're doing just because it isn't formal, planned exercise. I'm glad the break from riding helped remind you of why you ride in the first place. We all need that from time to time. :)
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Did spin class twice last week, rode a few times and took a yoga class. I got a new boarder who's also an eventer and she rides at about the same level as me! It's been great to have someone to talk to and to ride with. My other boarders either don't ride or do the occasional trail ride. Now that I have someone to ride with, I'm feeling much more motivated.

This week will include riding, yoga and a couple of spinning classes. I also REALLY need to start recording my food again because even thought I'm pretty fit, I'm not losing any weight. I'd like to lose about 30 pounds.
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So jealous you have a riding partner with the same abilities, goals, etc. Have tried to do the same but w zero success. They either exaggerate their experience or give up after a couple of weeks. Congrats on yr focus
  • showjumper
    Options
    How will November end for you?
  • showjumper
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    That's it! I'm sick of being fat and out of control with food. I am starting South Beach today. It is the only plan that has worked for me in the past and it helps me have structure. I'm also going to continue with spin class on Tuesdays and Fridays, yoga on Wednesdays and add a run on Thursdays and either Saturdays or Sundays. I am also going to ride both of my horses at least 4 times a week. We got so much work done around the farm over the weekend that I finally feel like I can just maintain until new projects start in the spring.
  • Shron123
    Options
    Congrats on setting new goals. Sending you energy to stay focussed. Let’s us know how u r doing. Not familiar w South Beach. How does it work?
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    @Shron123 south beach is a pretty sensible low carb plan. I lost 30 pounds on it several years ago and kept it off for a long time until I completely let myself go.
    Day 1 went well yesterday. I tracked all of my food and my calories and carbs were within the range I planned and I wasn't hungry at all. I rode one horse and got a bunch of other stuff done. I clean 7 stalls every day and do the typical chores associated with having 7 horses to take care of...soon to be 8 horses. I started painting a fence and brought some jumps into storage. I've been working from before the sun comes up to after the sun goes down to take advantage of the mild weather we're having. I fell asleep at 9 lol!
  • Shron123
    Options
    We have three horses which is enuf work for me. I too am doing low carb but have plateaued recently. Trying to get back to basics ie measuring everything I eat. It seems every weekend we have an occasion which involves wine which I know isnt helping so gonna just stop at least til I start losing again. Riding here is impossible. We swing from too much mud to frozen mud full of hoof prints which even the horses have trouble navigating. Waiting for a good snowfall to make riding possible here again. Also considering the expense of weekly lessons at an indoor arena for the winter. But that will have to wait til after Christmas. It sounds like you work VERY hard. You must love it to put so much into it. Wish you much success especially w the challenging holidays coming.
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Thank you :) I do work pretty hard, which makes it more frustrating that I am so chunky right now. I think the pounds packed on mostly because of beer...nothing like a cold one (or 3) after a long hard day :p I'm quitting all alcohol for now.
    Sorry to hear that riding is tough @Shron123 , I've been there and know how hard winter can be. I'm extremely grateful for my indoor! Hopefully you can get some lessons in. Are there any farms near you that allow haul-ins just to use their indoor?
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Day 2: normal chores, rode Jimmy and pushed hard at spin class. Tracked food and was under my limits. Pretty good day :)
  • crimsongrey
    Options
    Day 3: why does life have to get in the way?! Didn't get to yoga (had to wait for an electrician for some barn issue) and didn't get to ride due to some unfortunate trailering issues. Oh well. I was on target with food.