Halloween Virtual 5/10K

Options
enyagoboom
enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
They just announced this yesterday! https://zombiesvirtualrace.com/

My husband and at least one of my other friends is joining in on this and I'm super excited :smiley: I love having something to train towards!

Anyone else planning on this?

Replies

• girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm planning to do it. If I want to participate while I'm on my honeymoon, I'll have to do it the release day. Otherwise, I'll be doing it when we get home.

I'm planning to also get the long sleeved shirt since I don't really have any workout clothes between death by Texas heat and freeze for a month.
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    oh a halloween honeymoon! :smiley: very awesome! I have another friend who is on vacation during the whole thing and was thinking about doing it. Very dedicated lol!
  • girlgeeklula
    Options
    We actually are wrapping up our Honeymoon the day after release, so if I want to run through the mountains fleeing from zombies, I'll have to do it on release day.

It's a way for me to start with my goal of running races away from home (I missed out on a 5k when we were in St Croix hosted by the b&b we stayed at).
  • victory68
    victory68 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am so excited for this!! I've never done an official 5k race but I've run them on my own on trails around my house. I found a 5k race in a nearby town that is also a zombie run (half the entrants are dressed and makeuped as zombies) so I want to run it while listening to the Halloween race!
  • enyagoboom
    Options
    my profile pic is from my first 5k ever and it was a zombie run. this was the before of course lol. i was a mess after!
  • girlgeeklula
    Options
    I put in my entry for the race over the weekend, so I'm hoping my shirt comes in before we leave because Colorado is going to be chilly. Also taking my black ZR shirt that I only can wear in winter here since it'll be perfect for high altitude, mountain jogs.
  • victory68
    Options
    That would be so beautiful! Please take pictures of your mountain jogs.
  • girlgeeklula
    Options
    I'm definitely planning to. I'm also taking advantage to wear my black ZR shirt because it rarely goes out here in Houston.
  • girlgeeklula
    Options
    Just finished up week 3 of training, which was a struggle between weather (omg Houston is going to kill me with heat and humidity) and having a day where I just felt out of it. Bur made it through and start week 4 on my new schedule of evening runs. Also going to start adding foam rolling to help with some tightness.
  • victory68
    Options
    That's awesome way to go! Ugh I can't imagine running in humidity. Im in Northern California and we are getting an early fall. We consider 80* a warmer day right now lol I guess that would be a reprieve for Houston. I'm in the middle of the third week now and feeling pretty strong. I am thinking about just going back to the main story but I'm not sure. Let me know if the later weeks are worth sticking around for (and paying for lol)
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Did you guys get your packages for the race?
  • victory68
    Options
    Not yet! I'm dying to get mine. What about you?
  • asp415
    Options
    victory68 wrote: »
    Not yet! I'm dying to get mine. What about you?

I got it! Also my personalized shirt. How about you?
  • victory68
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Congrats!!! It's so exciting! I still have yet to receive my race pack
  • victory68
    Options
    Ah man MFP cut off the last part of my reply haha can u post a picture of the shirt? I didn't order one and regretted it as soon as I placed my order but there was nothing to be done to change it haha oh well now I know for next time but I would love to see pictures of how they came out!
  • asp415
    Options
    victory68 wrote: »
    Ah man MFP cut off the last part of my reply haha can u post a picture of the shirt? I didn't order one and regretted it as soon as I placed my order but there was nothing to be done to change it haha oh well now I know for next time but I would love to see pictures of how they came out!

vdqk5s20sb59.jpg

• victory68
    Options
    THATS SO COOL!!! They did such a good job on those! I love the darker red color too. Seriously amazing. Have fun representing Able in style!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    The storyline for this one was so creepy. Due to family issues I wasn't able to get into the actual race during the time, I just did it yesterday. So glad I did it during the day.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Oh many I meant to do this and forgot!!!