Extra Work: Weekly ~15 Min Metcon/AMRAP/EMOM Chosen by Members

Options
MilesAddie
MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
Hey All-

I’m wondering if there would be any interest in forming a weekly thread where one member creates a short workout of the week, and the rest of the members do it. The ‘creator/coach’ would alternate each week to a new member.

The workout wouldn’t be designed to be especially brutal or long, so it shouldn’t interfere with your box’s scheduled programming. 15 Minutes at the absolute most. Just an opportunity for us to put in some extra work during Open Gym, before class, or even at home.

Couple reasons made me think of this: it would be nice to have an ‘online box’ made up only of MFP members, and also because of the varied methodology between CrossFit boxes. This would be a good way to add even a little more variety into your programming. Here’s an example - my box does ALOT of work with dumbbell snatches and cleans, our coaches are big fans, but I was talking with a friend who goes to a different gym across town and she said they never incorporate dumbbell work in their WODs.

Anybody interested?

Replies

• donna_77
    donna_77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely interested in this.

We do a lot of dumbbell work - i love dumbbells personally.

And you are right about varied workouts across different boxes. Where my brother coaches, they do a lot of dead ball work. We hardly ever get the dead balls out.
  • MilesAddie
    Options
    The big ones? We have them up to 150 lbs.... those things are TOUGH to get over your shoulder.
  • donna_77
    donna_77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ours go up to 55kilos I think. Although the 35 Kilo is a struggle B)
  • tuskegee4
    tuskegee4 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Interested! And you guys are absolutely correct I'm a coach at our box and we alternate programming. We have the over head squat coach, the rope climbing coach, the 21-15-9 coach and I'm the assault bike/cardio coach. :)
  • MilesAddie
    Options
    Awesome! I think just one more person and we should get be good to go!

@tuskegee4 Ack, Assault bike coach! I’m not looking forward to the week when you’re programming the WOD! Those things are my least favorite piece of equipment in the box.