November 11 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Today is/was remembrance day. Spare some time to appreciate those who give so much to protect our way of life (not only the fallen, but those who put themselves in harms way to help others).

faj2cm54nius.jpg

My daughter sang in a choir at a remembrance day ceremony today. Was a good service.

Onto a daily discussion though. Do you have a sibling? If so was it more like picture A or picture B? How is the relationship now?

dfossjzr65nz.jpg
    ykabbao7v4mv.jpg

My sister and I had our share of each. However being older (and hopefully wiser), we are more now good friends and will help each other out wherever possible.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Love the photos! I think both photos apply to my relationship with my 3 siblings. We stay connected through phone calls, texts or emails on a weekly basis(we all live in different parts of Canada). Mostly we get along and accept each other's differences. Not living in the same city/town makes it easier to not get on each other' nerves. There are times that my siblings make me crazy.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Cute photos.
    I have 2 brothers and a sister
    Picture A is me and my eldest brother and sister.
    Picture B is more like me and my younger brother.
    Having grown up it's all pretty even although sadly my elder brother is no longer with us and I really miss him, he was the one who always popped in to see us when we lived very close. As a kid I remember running along the street to met him when he came home on leave from the army. Happy memories
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Awwwww...I love the photos! I have two younger sisters and I love, love, love them both!

The first picture is a good representation of my relationship with my baby sister. I have a special place in my heart for her--she's almost 12 years younger than me, so we are quite different generationally. LOL! I remember changing her diapers and potty training her.

I've a great fondness for my middle sister, too. The second photo is a snapshot of our childhood--during which time, she loved to borrow (steal) my clothes.

We have a great relationship. Since we each live in different regions of North America, we make concerted efforts to keep in touch.
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    We wear our poppies with pride today.
    We remember them.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Veterans day is very special to me my daughter was born today11/11 at 11:11 am.

"Siblings" when we were younger my siblings were picture A now they are picture B I am just the care taker when there is a problem I am the go to person. I am closer to my sister but only if we live in different states. LOL
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    I am blessed with 2 brothers, one 10 years younger than I , the other one 11 years younger. In many ways, I was a father figure for them growing up. Picture " A " definitely in our case. We all live within a mile of each other on land that was once our family farm. Couldn't ask for better brothers!!!
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    Signing in on this Remembrance Day
    11/11/2017.

Stayed within calories with all food and drink logged.
    60 minutes walk and 30 minutes static bike ride.

11/11 that's good I'm
    Pleased with me!!!!!

Have s good evening/day/night
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    I’m checking in from the airport in Chicago. Thanks @craigo3154 for reminding us of Remembrance Day where you are and Veterans Day in the US.
    Regarding siblings: I am the oldest of 4 children, but only my youngest sibling. Kristi is living. She is 10 years younger so I am like a second dad to her. These days we do a lot of sharing our mother and step father’s health care issues
    We do well together!
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Thanks @craigo3154 for the great opening post.

Walked up to the village this morning for the Armistice Commemoration at the local war memorial. Very low-key, but very moving when 3 children of the village read out the names of the fallen.

I have always got on reasonably well with my 3 siblings - although we no longer live close to each other, we are still close.

Exercise - Yes. About 1.5 hrs walking up to village, round the "foire rurale" (it is a public holiday here) and back home. Not such good weather, some rain on the way back, but a good day.

Calories - Yes, under goal.

Logging - Yes, everything except water.
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I’m using my pass day for today.
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nov 11
    Exercise: 60 min brisk walk
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? y
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? n
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? y
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Nov 11
    Exercise: no
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes

• cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    11-Nov-2017

Exercise: yes, moved around for over 20 minutes. No formal workout
    Calories: yes, within today's limit
    Tracking: yes, everything
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Hope all our Veteran's here felt the LOVE today! My husband, Father, Grandfather all fought. We thank all of you for your service.

Today was a bit of a chaotic day, but in between hair appointments, Thanksgiving shopping (we're having an early one next Saturday), running around with my sister and planning meals for when I'm out of commission next week from oral surgery, I still managed to get my dog (Penny Lane) out for a 35 minute walk. Gym Day tomorrow and Monday, dog walk early Tuesday pre-surgery, and I may or may not take a pass on Wednesday.......LOL

Exercise: Yes, 35 minute dog walk at 3.5 mph
    Calories: Yes, about 120 under
    Tracking: Yes, always

Have a great Sunday and good luck to your team if you happen to be a Football Fanatic!
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (30 min walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.