November 11 Sign In

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Exercise - Biked all day, not even sure how long, but I'm wiped out.
    Calories - Plenty left over.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 Thanks for the opening post. I honor the Vets of the past and present.

As far as siblings, I experienced both pics at some point growing up. I am the middle child and have an older brother and younger sister. Thankfully, we are pretty close now that we are beyond grown. :)

@luluinca I commend you for caring for your sister during this rough time, and I'll be praying for her and you.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    November 11
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked over 3 miles.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Welcome @twowillownest and @kristenpizz !!!

@jenilla1 - Great day of pedalin', way to go!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Nope, took a much-needed complete rest day!! Pass Day #1
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes, regular beginner workout then a “dance” workout that I forced upon my daughter
    Calories? Yes, under by a bit
    Logging? Yes

Siblings: As the youngest, I wanted the A photo and totally followed and looked up to my siblings. The reality was B. We get along much better as adults but still have lots of differences!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,199 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,943 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    NO INTENTIONAL EXERCISE AS TODAY I WAS BUSY ALL DAY AS I HOSTED A MEMORY LUNCH "BUFFET" FOR A FEW FAMILY AND FAMILY FRIENDS TO REMEMBER MY MOM ON HER BIRTHDAY SO I WAS BUSY WORKING ON GETTING ALL THE FOOD READY AND WORKING ON MY MEMORY KEEPSAKE BOOK TO SHARE WITH THE GUESTS.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO BUT I AM OK WITH THAT FOR TODAY AS TODAY WAS ABOUT ENJOYING MY MOM'S FAVOURITE FOODS AND HER RECIPES TO REMEMBER HER.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? NO.

GUESS THIS IS MY DAY 3RD AND FINAL PASS DAY ON MY EXERCISE FOR THIS MONTH.
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 18 mile bike ride, strength training and 12k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, well under.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    November 11
    Exercise - yes, cleaned the house for an hour
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes, had to guess dinner, which was tapas, but tracked my guess
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    November 11
    Exercise yes
    Did yard work for 2 hrs. I must say I enjoy planting so much more than pulling out and digging up bulbs and those leaves...fighting a losing battle
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes
  • Elmyra8376
    Elmyra8376 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Exercise : Yes 30 minutes Pilates
    Track : yes
    Calories : yes
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (walked doggie for 45 min)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1228 calories today)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (logged all and drank 9-8oz water today)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Hmmmm, since this seems to be a post about siblings I may as well go ahead and share my photo from last Friday.

My sister is battling cancer, she's 4.5 years younger than I am and is 62. We moved her in with us over Labor Day weekend because she was alone in Albuquerque undergoing treatment. I made a few trips out there to help her but it became obvious she needed my help 24/7 so that's where we are now. She's not doing too well and is down to under 100 lbs.

Anyway, we're having fun working on various projects for Christmas and she's visiting with some old friends and family she hasn't seen in quite a few years. This pic was taken during a visit from her sister in law and a cousin of her husband's (he passed away last December)

Tomorrow her best friend from high school is coming for a visit.

She's my only sibling and really my last remaining blood relative other than my own children and grandchildren. Her stepson, his wife and 2 year old son were here this week visiting from OR so that was a lot of fun for her..........and me as well......LOL

Treasure your loved ones and stay Strong and Healthy for them, you never know when they might need you!

d4q5hwy8y216.jpg

Bless you for caring for your dear sister, hugs to you. Xx
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Great photos and follow up posts. Always good to take time to remember our veterans.

I too am lucky to have great relationship with my siblings.

Exercise - 14,275 steps, includes 90 minutes on treadmill and strength bearing work.
    Calories - yes
    Logged - yes
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @luluinca much love and hugs to you. I lost my sister after a four yr battle. She was 56. Take care of yourself. It was during her hospice care that I got on to MFP about8 years ago. I decided to get as healthy as I could for my family.
  • mybesttutu
    mybesttutu Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, work around the house in and out.

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    On Remembrance Day, I wear my poppy with pride. I miss watching the parade at the Cenetaph in London. In NV, I’m a bit of a lone wolf poppy wise but my heart was warmed to see some on sale outside a supermarket yesterday. Poppy or not, we all honour and are thankful to and for, our veterans.

Sibling wise I am the proverbial middle child. My relationship with them both before I moved to US was the bottom photo. They have and will always be the top photo with each other. They are close, sometimes it upsets me that I am excluded but a lot of it was my own doing. I moved across town, I didn’t keep in touch etc etc. Now I’m in America, my sister and I are the top photo. It makes me happy. I don’t think I’ll ever be close to my brother but I’m at peace with it, he’s the cool kid that everyone loves and can’t wait to hang out with. I’m the funny one, sister is the smart one.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 4 mile dog walk

• tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 5 miles walk outside. A little cold but worth it
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?Yes

Siblings: I am the oldest of 3. My brother, who is two years younger, were picture A as kids but now are picture B. My sister, who is seven years younger, were picture B as kids and are now picture A. She lives near my 82 year old Mom and takes great care of her. My Mom could not live alone anymore if my sister didn't live nearby so I am very thankful to her.

@craigo3154 - Thanks for the nice Veterans Day post.
    @luluinca - Thanks for sharing the picture with your sister. She is lucky to have you.
    @2020pinktogo - I hope your daughters lucky number is 11! That's amazing!
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    November 11
    Exercise yes, 2 hours of tango
    Calories yes, pretty well under
    Tracked yes

@luluinca, you and your sister are in my thoughts. I wish her recovery, and good quality of life.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @tinacuso Yes her number is 11 she graduated high school 2011 LOL 11 pops up a lot for her.