November 13 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!! :)
    This morning I did the workout I always try to shuffle to the bottom. All I can say is it was more than my body is used too and now I need to change my outfit to give me lower heels as my whole body is a wee bit sore . Probably a good idea anyway as I want to run across the street on break to pick up our prescriptions. Don't need to fall on my tuckus crossing the street.

Have a great day!!!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    November 13
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 38 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

Late walk. Back to 5km. Was tired and slower because of the heat.

UK trip for work is confirmed now. Just needs to be booked now.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154, that's a great question. I love reading about group members' daily activity choices:-).

I really like the exercises that I do, so I rotate them based on my daily goal/feelings/ interests. I started working out at the gym, when I was 16 years old and continued to do so intermittently until if felt like it was killing my spirt :s

I quit the gym 1.5 years ago and haven't looked back.

I enjoy circuit training, skipping, and big movements. I love to do intense one hour workouts and sprinkle in a couple of moderate multi-hour power walks, bike rides, and hikes each weak.

I don't enjoy running any uphill or doing yoga--so I don't do those activities:-)
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Great post @craigo3154

I also dislike the gym - fortunately there are no gyms within traveling distance in my corner of rural France so I no longer feel guilty about not darkening their doors! I also don't like team sports, running/jogging, or anything that involves routinely getting cold wet and muddy. In short, I am not a major exercise fan. However, I do like walking (but see above about wet etc!). I also really enjoy Pilates - so that is cardio and flexibility/core strength covered, just need to work on finding some strength training I can do with no equipment.

Exercise - yes, 1hr+ walking inc hill.
    Calories - yes, well under.
    Logging - yes.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Back on track with eating and logging after this weekend of excess. That is a real NSV for me. Being able to get right back on a healthy lifestyle and not let a weekend derail me for a longer period of time.
    I enjoy outdoor cardio. Cycling, hiking, skiing are my favorites. This time of year is tough. Walking is a general substitute when I can't do other things. Indoors I like Zumba. I like the results of strength training but not the routine.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I really don't like the gym or group fitness.

I much prefer my walks and static bike, I always take my iPhone on the bike so I can do something otherwise I would likely get bored and it makes me feel
    Like I'm not wasting time.

Signing in day 13/11/2017.

Pleased with myself as I have another successful x3 day.

Calories within allowance and all logged.
    30 minutes walk.
    20 minutes static bike
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @120maggie Congratulations on your NSV!! Being able to rebound to healthy habits is lifestyle change. You now have some crested healthy internal controls which are resetting you to the healthy path!
    Hallelujah!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    When I was 25, I had a frightening experience in which I became very conscious of being terribly out of shape.
    Whenever I need to learn something new, I research the subject & hire a coach.
    I’ll return to this subject later today.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Responding to Craig’s question about exercise.
    Due to iliotibial band problems, I cannot run more than a few minutes. My exercise habits are to energetically walk from 20 minutes to 40 minutes on most days and do cardio/strength intervals on 2-3 days per week
    My favorite exercises are horseback riding; kayaking; and bicycling
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm, I might be the odd man (old lady) out but I love the gym. I started back 4 years ago after a serious illness that kept me mostly bed bound for a year and started swimming first (I've been swimming since I was 3) in our back yard but when it got cold I joined a gym so I could continue swimming. One thing led to another and I hired a trainer and began with circuit training primarily then a year later hired a former Marine as a trainer and started lifting heavy weights (heavy for me anyway). Now I have an online trainer that I worked with in person for 10 weeks who now designs my workouts for me and changes them every 4 weeks.

I also love hiking while I'm in CO visiting my kids and love to run and walk with my dog on the horse trails here. During the summer I still swim in our pool 4 or 5 days a week.

I find the gym to be a very motivating place I guess and love watching what other people, especially women, are doing. And with all the equipment in the world to work with I'm in heaven. I really dislike classes and video workouts and the most I'll do at home is some stretching and foam rolling unless I can get outside for a run or walk.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3.

Number one for me is hiking.
    Followed by swimming, cycling (but without too many hills or even mountains like out Bob), yoga, group exercise classes (e.g. body pump, body attack, spinning, Zumba) followed next by squash and badminton and workout dvds at home eg Jillian Michaels . I've never been a jogger. I've tried couch to 5km aka c25k a few times and even completed it once but I've been over weight each time and it's ended up with me having a bad back and stopping each time so I've vowed now that I won't jog again until I'm at a healthy bmi.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Nov 12
    2 hours at the ropes course
    Did not log food, and most likely over calories as there was both pizza and beer

Nov 13
    Recovery day so no exercise, but 40 minutes shopping after work.
    So far on track with logging and calories.

Activities I enjoy:
    -Running - some days I hate it, but mostly I love it, not so much the running itself, but how it makes me feel. I never thought it would be something I'd enjoy, but I've discovered it really does keep me happy.
    -Lifting weights
    -Also kickboxing, swimming, and the occasional spin class, just to change things up.
    -And my most recent discovery, and current favorite thing to do - the ropes course.

I hate biking. I do enjoy a good spin class, but I hate riding on the road. I sort of suck it up in the spring and summer in order to do a couple of triathlons.
    I hate yoga - can't turn my mind off. It makes me want to scream!
    Zumba - I tried it, not my thing.
    Exercise videos - just can't get into it.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    13-Nov-2017

Exercise: yes, I've taken 7000 steps.
    Calories: yes, I'm well under my limi
    Tracking: yes
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow might be a pass day but for sure Wed will be. I'm having oral surgery in the morning but may get my dog out for a short walk before I go. I'd like to save a pass day for later in case I need it.

Nov 13
    Exercise: Yes, 15 min calisthenics warm-up, 15 min elliptical and 55 minutes strength training, biceps and back
    Calories: Yes, easily under
    Logging: Yes, always
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Here is November13.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    YES. I exercised with my WII fitness since l was not able to go to the gym today. Pumped up about getting back there tomorrow.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    YES.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank
    YES.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 45 minutes of strength training and a 2 mile run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

I used to dislike the gym, but I’ve gone regularly for a few years, and now I associate it with stress relief and endorphins. Just the smell of the gym makes me happier. It’s strange how different I feel about the gym now. I never thought that I’d be the person who wanted to go to the gym and workout. When I’m there, I enjoy strength training. I love the feeling of being strong. I don’t particularly enjoy running, but it is an easy way to gauge your progress, and if I’m really stressed, it is a great way to clear my mind.

Outside of the gym, I enjoy taking walks, hiking, kayaking, and swimming (in warm weather).
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nov 13
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I love the gym. I go with my best friend, 2x a week, and we do old school heavy lifting, full body. I'm strong and can haul all sorts of stuff around, and it feels great. I dance tango the other days, which is the opposite kind of movement, it doesn't feel like exercise, until the next day when I'm beat. The thing I hate is exercise classes with clunky movements.

Thanks to @craigo for drawing people out. It's interesting and fun to learn about our teammates.

Anyways, Yes x 3 for me today.
  • ChrisQueen67
    ChrisQueen67 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    November 13
    Exercise ✔ 4 mile run and circuit training
    Calories ✔ Under
    Tracking ✔

A good day!