November 13 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (2-3 hours of raking)!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Out of the race but back to keeping myself accountable.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minute walk.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like lifting weights. I dislike cardio. I haven't found one cardio that I love.

I don't mind gyms, except it is harder to motivate myself to get ready and drive there. I'd usually rather workout in what I slept in, lol! I did like the body pump class until I hurt my back (not from that). I have no sense of rhythm but could do that one.

Exercise: yes, pilates and weights
    Calories: yes
    Logging: yes
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    November 13
    Exercised?: Yes. Got over 7000 steps and did some misc. strength training.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

@luluinca Praying that all goes well with your surgery tomorrow.

Exercise: Overall, I hate it...all kinds. Ha, ha, ha. I exercise because I have to, and that's what I've been telling myself since 2014. I run (more like slogging - slow jogging), walk, bike, strength train (non- heavy weights), and various exercise videos. My only real motivation for exercising is being able to eat more food. Whatever works, right? ;)
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    November 13
    Exercise - yes, 30 minutes of stretching; it's for an injury but I'm still counting it
    Calories - yes
    Tracking - yes

I'm a walker. For a long time I did 15,000 steps/day and that made a huge difference in my fitness level because I walked quite fast. I really need to get back to it but I'm finding it impossible to motivate myself.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Back on track today, even though a lot of driving for wife and granddaughter.
    10,282 steps, plus 20 minutes of stationary bike while watching tv, over 2 hrs of activity.

Well under on calories

Everything logged

• inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    NOPE. I KNOW I HAD A BUSY DAY AND NIGHT BUT I AM DISAPPOINTED IN MYSELF FOR NOT EXERCISING. I THOUGHT ABOUT FORCING MYSELF TO DO IT NOW AT 11PM BUT I AM NOT IN A GOOD HEAD SPACE RIGHT NOW SO I AM NOT GOING TO. I HAVE ALREADY USED MY 3 PASS DAYS SO I AM OUT WHEN IT COMES TO BEING SUCCESSFUL WITH MY EXERCISE THIS MONTH.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    NOT LIKELY BUT I DIDN'T LOG IT IN MY FOOD DIARY SO I DON'T KNOW BUT BASED ON WHAT I ATE I CAN SAY I DID NOT STAY UNDER MY CALORIES.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    YES. FOR THE FIRST TIME DURING THIS CHALLENGE I TYPED OUT EVERYTHING I ATE AND DRANK TODAY IN MY FOOD DIARY NOTES.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    l57z9gxjeydl.jpeg
    This is photo taken from the second floor balcony of the home of our host. It’s just before the sun set. You can see the outline of the Turrialba Volcano in the background. If it doesn’t rain tomorrow, I’ll send a daytime photo.
    Calories: under by 400+
    Tracking: ok...we eat a lot of rice and beans here. I’m tracking an endless cycle of rice and beans
    Exercise: it rained most of the day. I squeezed in a short walk. Tomorrow, I will be doing a serious up hill climb
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,315 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill/Piyo/Darebee
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 30 min run plus 12k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • ReDoableMe
    ReDoableMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yes, 30 min of aerobics
    Yes
    Yes
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 40 minutes on the elliptical
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I personally enjoy the gym. I like to go and watch some mindless TV for 30 - 40 minutes and either walk on the treadmill or use the elliptical machine. It is my way to relax after a busy day at work. I also enjoy various exercise classes.

If it is nice outside, I prefer to walk or bike. When I was younger, I would run regularly. I gave it up as I got older to preserve my knees. I love to ski in the winter and I want my knees to last as long as possible.
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    November 13

Pass day #2
    Really having trouble getting motivated this month. Have company and more on the way for the rest of the week. Love to have them but it is much harder to find a balance. Thinking this pass day is good maybe I can regroup. So far all of my goals are on track and my fitness level is so much better. I just don't want to go backwards.
    I do different kinds of exercise but I love to walk especially outside. I like to put on my headphones with upbeat music and challenge myself to see if I can beat my previous stride. Really walking is just about the only thing I Love to do that is except for dancing...not at all good at it but love to move around to a good beat.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL that is a beautiful photo thank you for sharing
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Exercise - 20 minute dog walk.
    Calories - good to go.

Love to run and hike on outdoor trails, also enjoy mountain biking, yoga and strength training.
    Hate team sports, group cardio or dance classes and running on paved surfaces or on treadmills.
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Didn' t get chance to post last night, so will do so now. I've tried to post using my phone, but it's so hard to type with it, I honestly gave it up as a bad job!

I totally agree with Craig's words in his earlier post - you have to enjoy what you do. There's nothing worse then getting yourself ready for a workout routine, no matter what that is, if you're not going to enjoy it. You are more likely to give up.
    Experiment with this and find something you like to do. There are different kinds of cardio exercises, not just running.

Circuit Training.
    Indoor/outdoor Cycling.
    High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
    Indoor Rowing.
    Plyometrics....just to name a few.

Jumping rope burns more calories per hour than most cardio workouts. Did you know you'd have to run a good eight mins per mile to burn of the same amount of calories you'd burn jumping rope.
    And it probably the cheapest piece of fitness equipment you can buy, lol.

You will find something that suits your fitness level and lifestyle, you just need to try different things.

As for the gym, I'm too shy, lol. I'd rather workout at home, following HASfit workouts for my strength training and HIIT and I jog every morning, the route I take is exactly 3.8miles, or I'll go longer on the treadmill if the weather is awful.

Cycling is something new for me but found I love it and I go miles each weekend. I'm also down the country trails every other night, for a hour and a half and in summer I'll take some bird feed with me and stop and feed the swans/ducks on a lake that I pass there.

Walking is my favorite activity, even before my weight loss journey started and as a child I loved to walk/hike. I can go for miles, and love exploring new places or just walking my dogs round the countryside.

Anyway...

All on track for the 14th, although I was over on the calories and had to use some exercise calories. I did a good burn yesterday (923 calories) so needed the extra fuel, lol.
    Also clocked up 9.6 miles walking/jogging.
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y took doggie for brisk walk 45min.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (between 1200-1500, ate 1286
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y 9-8oz glass's of water
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3

Happy to see all the walkers and hikers on here. That’s me too. Don’t like the gym but I haven’t met a walk I don’t like!