November 14 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    November 14
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 5 Km in 39 mins (hills).
    Calories?: Yes. (long way under today)
    Tracked?: Yes.

Late walk (after dinner). Still very warm so decided to take it slower.

Was great to hear about others exercise (what they like, dislike, can do and cannot do).

Exercise/activity is not supposed to be a chore. If it is, you are less likely to continue with it.

@RangerRickL. Looks like a great place to stay.
    @SusanLR9. Have you tried the 5 minute trick.

The 5 minute trick is that you commit to yourself to do something for 5 minutes only (we can all find 5 minutes somewhere).

Don't try get back to 15,000 steps, maybe a walk of only 1000 steps (no preparation, no pre/post stretching, no special clothes, no long trails, just a 5 minute walk, moderate pace).

Do this each day for a week. Take a different route each day. See if you still like it. If not, you have only lost 35 minutes from your week and learned something in the process. If you do, then start making longer walks as you feel like it.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 for yesterday
    I am the happiest walking I like our work gym as really there is a handful of us that use it. I don't like real gyms where people sweat all over everything that just grosses me out. ;)

Habits I have formed in the last few months lol I have a compulsive disorder about shoes ;) Not really a UAC thing more a noticing how awful people's feet are at work. I am investing in my feet as they have to carry me through life.

Exercise done till later have a great day!!!
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes, 9,937 steps which includes 30 min on treadmill.
    Calories - yes
    Logged - yes

UAC is really helping me with watching my calories.

I think I need to do more walking outside which I really enjoy, rather than using the treadmill. We live in a beautiful area, however, it is currently hunting season, so I'm careful what trails I walk on. My goal is to walk outside more, once hunting season is done.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

Good day again for me.

Calorie are within allowance and all logged.
    45 minutes walking.
    45 minutes static bike. This was an extra 15 minutes as I discovered I can knit whilst riding the static bike. !!! Result.

Look like everyone is doing great. Have a good day/evening.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    November 13
    Exercise: Yes (30 min walking)
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes

November 14:
    Exercise: Yes. (30 min walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Cold day here so not so much outdoor exercise, but still managed 30 mins or so dashing around with the large mad puppy, also Yes to calories and logging.
    (Wrote a much longer post but it only posted the first line. Am in the middle of cooking supper now, so will post more later.)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep, 60 minute trail run, followed by a 60 minute trail walk.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
    YES. Back in the gym today.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
    YES. I’m under my calorie budget for today.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?
    YES. I have kept track of all food and drinks.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I seriously thought I would be taking a pass day today or tomorrow because of dental surgery but I was a little nervous this morning waiting around for the appointment so took the dog out for a walk and ended up running about 1.25 miles and walking a little more than that. Even though my mouth is sore tonight I think I might get her out in the morning for another walk, probably won't run though, and should be back at the gym by Thursday.

My calories are low but I got close to 1200 so I'm going to say that's enough since my mouth has been numb for hours and is now a little sore. I did the best I could and kept it nutritious.

Exercise: Yes, 26 min walk and 21 min run with my dog this morning
    Calories: Yes, a little low but I'm going to count it as a WIN today
    Logging: Absolutely yes

• shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nov 14
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: if I had not exercised I would have gone over
    Tracking: yes
  • ChrisQueen67
    ChrisQueen67 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    There is an old saying. Make your habits and your habits will make you.

wp42pgv9wolo.png

Since starting UAC, I now think about what I eat each meal (and between meals). I used eat on auto-pilot, whatever was served, and that is how I got overweight. (Did not help that my wife is a great cook :) )

What habits has UAC helped you form that you intend to keep?

I've also become very conscious of my meals and what I eat. It's great to be under my goals but I've recognised the importance of eating nutritious foods - less calories but more filling.

My report for today -
    Exercise ✔ Circuit and 4 miles tonight
    Calories ✔ Slightly over but my workouts allowed for more
    Tracking ✔
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I’m in a really bad funk today. Hoping it’s just TOM. Did an hour of lifting, but only because I had an appointment with my trainer. Mentally calculating calories I’m under, but I haven’t actually logged anything.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    fxynenody8i6.jpeg
    Here is a view of an inhabited home which is located in an isolated valley near the Turrialba Volcano.
    I really enjoy seeing the photos that are posted by other team members such as @trixsey1 @bocasdelbadbob @cardio_enthusiast
    I walked about 6.5 miles today. It’s easy when there is great scenery.
    Calories: under my limit by a big margin
    Tracking: good
    My answer to @craigo3154 question is that I have a high sense of duty to others. The UAC helps me be accountable to my team so that even while on vacation, I am being thoughtful about the healthy habits and reporting in
  • Elmyra8376
    Elmyra8376 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Exercise : 20 minutes elliptical
    Tracking : Yes
    Calories : yes
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes and rode the bike for 15 minutes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Didn't realize I went over until I sat down to log everything: Pass Day #3
    @craigo3154 - thanks for the words of encouragement. I would have skipped the gym tonight without this group
    @RangerRickL - nice picture
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 I haven’t tried the five minute trick, but I like it. I’ll definitely try it. Thanks!

November 14
    Exercise - yes, stretching and walking
    Calories - yes, made good choices even when it was hard (usually difficult for me)
    Tracking - yes