November 14 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    Morning workout , tracked and calories are fine.
    Very disappointed. I donate blood every two months. Every once in a while my iron is too low, but today I was shocked to get rejected for high blood pressure. It's always been low. I'm thinking its stress. My husband is having another heart procedure on Thursday. Something new for him because the cardio version and meds no longer work. Took a walk after dinner to try to relax.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,321 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Run/Piyo/Yoga
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    November 14
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked/Ran 39 mins.
    Calories?: Yes.
    Tracked?: Yes.

@craigo3154 Since being in UAC for 14 days now, I can honestly say that all my old good habits are back. Tracking and exercise are the things I did originally to lose weight and get healthy, and I know they work. I'm just happy that UAC has allowed me to get my mojo back.

@luluinca I'm glad that surgery went well. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

@ka97 I hope you have a better tomorrow.

@120maggie That's a bummer about not being able to donate. I Havre the iron problem too sometimes, and the last time I went, my BP was too low. It's always something. Definitely take care of you because he'll need you. I pray everything goes well with your hubby's procedure. Here's to a quick recovery!
  • oldactor
    oldactor Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nov. 13 I thought I was going to quit the group and rejoin you in December.

Today I changed my mind.
    Exercise-cleaning my house
    Calories- under
    Tracking-everything

You all are so motivating.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Exercise: ran two miles on an incline.
    Calories: cutting it close at just 2 calories under goal. :o
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    oldactor wrote: »
    Nov. 13 I thought I was going to quit the group and rejoin you in December.

Today I changed my mind...

g2a6rohw8exk.jpg
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 30 min bike ride plus 10k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Sadly, no.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my NSV was walking outside after supper in the snow and the cold. We've had snow for a week. It takes me a bit of time to shift gears from going from fall to winter. Now that I have done one walk outside and I am ready to do more.

It feels good to have this UAC to lean on. Thank-you @craigo3154 and @RangerRickL for such great leadership.
    November hasn't been a great month for me but I refuse to give up on my journey. This group is the reason I am still hanging in there.
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (30 minutes of zumba)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1286 calories today)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (logged all and drank 8-8oz glasses of water)
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    ka97 wrote: »
    I’m in a really bad funk today. Hoping it’s just TOM. Did an hour of lifting, but only because I had an appointment with my trainer. Mentally calculating calories I’m under, but I haven’t actually logged anything.

@ka97 it's been a good while since I had TOTM but I well remember that horrible feeling of being dragged down by everything and general sh*ttyness. Hopefully it will be over soon and you'll be back to yourself again. Kudos for doing any exercise at all - some days I could barely drag myself off the couch. Hang in there!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I have been visiting a friend in Arizona so have found it hard to check in. Looks like I missed some interesting conversations!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 4 mile dog walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh man! That is some tropical beauty there @rangerrickl! I think I been there once but that memory is growing kind of vague.
    But yeah hey, thanks for waking me up.
    I been exercising but I have to admit to weird diet.
    Beer and peanuts... but believe it or not, it can be tracked.
    Peanuts... easily 1000 cals, Beer easily 350 cals. And then I feel like having a sandwich.
    But exercise, I still qualify as madman. I was just looking at my Strava page. According to that I got like 14,300 of climbing in this month's 15 days. Now if I could get an average of 1000 feet per day, that'd be alright. It seem like I might be on track for a 30,000 foot month but I think there is some party days coming that will put the kabosh on that.

Heh, my Strava page has me down for a PR the other day. It says I got a record on descent to the freeway. Only thing is, Strava don't know that is all about me forgetting to push stop button on my watch before I get in my car. Sometimes that happens. Strava doping they would call it if I was in a competition.

But today I climbed out and I got cold. I only wore two layers. It was 50 degrees but last time it was 50, couple of days ago, I overheated and had to peel off layers. So there is hot 50 and there is cold 50. Gots to do with where the air is coming from and whether there is a thin cloud layer attenuating the sun.

So I end up getting to the top, taking my clothes off, putting them back on inside out. That gets the wet layer away from my skin. Makes all the difference.

I should put a picture just because @rangerrickl put a picture. Let me see here ...

Ok, here is a wild one. I was out wandering in the scrub, I want to call it Chapparal, but I think it is Pinon and Juniper scrub topology and I found this. I thought "what is it?" It looked like a fireplace and I thought "cool, unburnt wood, maybe I will have a fire here."

Then I got to looking at it and putting it in the context of the neighborhood. There is a bunch of Indian ruins nearby. I look at this and I see a little scaled replication of indian ruins.

Boy howdy! Sherlock Bob figured this out! Some kids made this. It is a kid's interpretation of Indian ruins. It is a dollhouse!

I didn't burn it.

0868kmrb215x.jpg
  • shauna7531
    shauna7531 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I would like to make an amendment to my log yesterday November 14th, after I logged in I ate a no, no and I went over my calories for the day......sadly even while using my exercise calories..... can I use this slip as one of my free days.....or am I disqualified?
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercise - yes, 40 min walking outside
    Calories - yes
    Logged - yes
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 1 hour walk
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @shauna7531 you are the boss of calculating your own Pass Days! You can use that day as a Pass Day
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?

YES.
    10 minutes of jogging on the spot followed by 5 minutes of stretching. Then I asked my dad if he would go for a walk with me in the afternoon and he did and we walked for 50 minutes. Walked 2.52 miles with my dad in a park in our city that I haven't been to in years. There was one killer hill that we had to go up! My dad had a walking stick and at that point I would have been happy to have one too!

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?

DON'T KNOW.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

YES.
    Typed out everything I ate in my Food Diary Notes.
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    14-Nov-2017

Exercise: 60 minutes of running
    Calories: yes, under my limit
    Tracking: yes, everything

15-Nov-2017

Exercise: 15 minutes hula hoop plus 6000 steps
    Calories: yes, under
    Tracking: yes, everything

@RangerRickL : fantastic photo, from yesterday! Thanks for sharing:-)
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Dancing for exercise.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES