Tracking: yes, everything

15-Nov-2017

Exercise: 15 minutes hula hoop plus 6000 steps
    Calories: yes, under
    Tracking: yes, everything
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 60 min strength training class plus 13k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, well under.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Sheesh. I had written a response to @craigo3154's great question but not sure what happened.
    Quick recap. My husband and I did the low fat diet for years. It started in 1994 when my mom had bypass surgery and we certainly did not want to get heart disease. Fast forward today. I have lost heart with all the claims of what the best diet is. Very overwhelming and confusing. Our diet is to eat everything but in moderation.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    It's Wednesday and I got 10,000 steps in today. My Garmin let me know this morning that my past Wednesdays show a pattern of low activity. I was so stunned. Yikes. I got on the treadmill and did almost 80 minutes of walking. My Garmin should have good things to report back to me next Wednesday. Yay!!
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? NO. :(

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO. :/

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES. :)
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    There was an article in the NY Times this week saying that counting calories is bad for weight loss. Geez, it's the only thing that worked for me. When I don't log calories, my weight just keeps creeps up and up. Since I've been logging on UAC I've been losing since July, and now am at maintenance for the last month. So far so good.

Yes x 3 today. I didn't want to exercise after work, but figured I'd better for this challenge, and ended up walking 45 min. I feel better as a result.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    @120maggie Sending all good wishes to you and your husband, and fingers crossed for a speedy recovery.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    @glimjy So sorry you had car trouble - but think of the benefits of that brisk walk! I do empathise - my car is "hors de combat" awaiting parts so I am walking everywhere at the moment. Not too bad as long as it's not raining, but going out involves a steep twisting downhill from my house, with the corresponding uphill on my return. Hope your car is OK soon.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    RangerRick. That picture is so pretty
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    @BadgerLamb236 thank you for you kind words
  • dejavuohlala
    Options
    @bocasdelbadbob Beautiful photo. Thank you for the encouragement
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (30 minutes of dancing to the oldies -Richard Simmons)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1343 calories today
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (Logged all and drank 8-8oz waters)
  • trixsey1
    trixsey1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone's doing great this month. Well done to you all! <3

Did another 10 mile walk yesterday (15th Nov), including a short 30min walk with the dogs. Bless them, they have missed their walkies. Was supposed to give it a couple more days, but I put a waterproof wrap over her bandage on her paw so no muck could get inside and we stuck to the flat easy trail for half hour. Bathed her when we got back and all is well. I will give them a miss today and take them again tomorrow for the same amount of time. By next week we should be walking the trails as normal.

Woke this morning full of cold and a sore throat. Thank my son for that - looks like he was kind enough to pass it along!

All tracked and logged for the 15th.

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @shauna7531 you can use your pass days when ever you like and you never get the boot from this group it's all about personal growth.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    Signing in on 15/11/2017

Pass Day 1

Allthough I was below calories if I count my excercise calories I like to stay below my allowance without counting the burn. Hence, the pass day.

Everything logged
    Walk for 30 minutes and static bike 20 minutes.

As this is my first month in the UAC I'm not sure if this means I have failed?

Hope you have a good day/ evening all

@dejavuohlala. Not failed at all. Doing great.

UAC allows 3 pass days a month and still be credited as part of the month's winners circle.

Seems easy, but a lot find keeping less than 4 pass days in a month hard.

Keep up the great work.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    This picture shows one flower on a tree that is filled with these flowers. It is appropriately called “The flame of the mountain”
    I passed this tree during my exercise walk today.
    My report:
    Exercise: We did not rent a car for this vacation, so I am walking everywhere. Walked over 2 hours today
    Calories: under limit by big margin
    Tracking: ok

@RangerRickL. Beautiful flower.

I also try walk more places when away from home. This way I get to see and experience more.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? NO
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? NO
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? NO

Very busy day today. I just couldn't fit the time in to exercise with everything I had to do, so, as a result, my eating was bad. I need to stop the perfectionistic thinking. If I can't exercise for a day, I must at least try to stay within my calories.