November 15 Sign In

Options
13»

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    120maggie wrote: »
    Zumba in the morning. Tracking and I was not hungry at all today. More under than usual. I may eat more before bed. I agree that it doesn't matter when I eat. Even before bedtime is fine. Maybe because I workout first thing?
    Tomorrow we leave the house at 5:30am for the my husband's procedure at the Cleveland Clinic. I won't workout first, but since he is staying over I can use their fitness center. If not, I usually stair climb and walk. He will be in surgery 5-8 hours.
    My personal Pyramid has a big layer of fruits and vegs on the bottom, Then three equal layers of breads/cereals, dairy, and fish and meats, with a small layer of fats and sweets on top. It works for me, but I'm sure it is not for most people. :)

Good luck to your husband and you as well! I'm sure you'll get a lot of walking in at the hospital. Airports and hospitals are good for that. Take care!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    eclw1jvplerh.jpeg

This picture shows one flower on a tree that is filled with these flowers. It is appropriately called “The flame of the mountain”
    I passed this tree during my exercise walk today.
    My report:
    Exercise: We did not rent a car for this vacation, so I am walking everywhere. Walked over 2 hours today
    Calories: under limit by big margin
    Tracking: ok

Oh my goodness, that's one beautiful flower. We'd never see anything like that in our dry CA climate.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 thank you so much especially as I was quite dissapointed in myself.
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @dejavuohlala this is my fourth month with UAC. I have not made the winners circle yet, but I track and check in daily. There is no failure or exclusion, you just don’t get the accolade of being part of the ‘winners circle’

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 4 mile dog walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Today was my last day at work. It was with mixed emotions and I was sad but it’s the right thing for me to do. Fortune favours the brave!
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @craigo3154 I also agree with your comments.

I have recently started a keto diet that is pretty close to what you have discussed. It cuts out all whites and sugars, but allows for good fats, lots of different types of vegetables, and moderate protein . It does recommend staying away from some high sugar fruits, but I still ear low sugar fruit such as berries. Once I get to my goal weight I intend to introduce a few of those fruits that are a little higher in sugar back into my diet, but to continue to stay away from processed starches.
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Exercising - yes, 20 min on elliptical
    Calories - yes
    Tracked - yes
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I made it, but not by much.

Nearly two hours of activity, so that was good.
    Barely made the calorie limit, too much wine.
    Everything logged.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    @LoraineGB thank you
  • LouS8725
    LouS8725 Posts: 7 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Nov. 13
    Exercise- Yes! Feeling much better today! Ran 2 miles (25 minutes) and tracked about 7000 steps total.
    Calories- yes
    Track- yes

Nov. 14
    Exercise- yes. Payday errands meant I didn't get in an actual workout, but I logged 8500 steps and 83 active minutes.
    Calories- yes
    Tracked-yes

Nov. 15
    Exercise- yes, walked 40 minutes with the baby strapped to my chest. Logged 11,500 steps today!
    Calories- yes
    Tracked- yes

It's mid month and I'm maintaining weight, not loosing. I can't say I'm surprised, honestly, with all the halloween candy in the house the last couple weeks I've been slipping on the sugar even though I've stayed under my calorie goal every day so far. I've done better this week than last week with the sugar, so hopefully I can keep whittling it back down to where it should be. Every time I walk to the kitchen I have to remind myself "more protein, less sugar"
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Pass
  • windowqueen2003
    windowqueen2003 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    November 14 and 15
    Exercise yes
    I wrapped up and faced the cold air to get my walking in. I finally got enough clothes on to keep warm. Funny thing is when I took my layers off I was sweating. Guess I'll have to get used to that. Fresh air felt good today. We've had lots of rain.
    Calories yes
    Tracked yes