manladdvm Posts: 8,718 Member
    Options
    TGIF.

Winter is coming.

Be OP ;-)
  • mikehikemike
    mikehikemike Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Cold, gusty winds this morning, and a sky streaked gray. I think I'll dig out the winter gear and go for a hike in the hills today.
  • DavidKuhnsSr
    DavidKuhnsSr Posts: 6,982 Member
    Options
    Good morning gentlemen.

Have a contractor coming over this morning to give an estimate for fixing rotting trim on the house that is letting a leak in. Home ownership isn't all happiness. Sigh. I called more than a dozen businesses before I found one that would even look at our problem. At least out here, contractors can't find enough people to work for them in the building trades, so they concentrate their crews on big jobs - reside the whole house - rather than relatively small repairs.

The sun might peak out today and tomorrow, before the next storm arrives tomorrow night.
  • shenry111
    shenry111 Posts: 4,155 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Whew! Am I glad that it is Friday! I have been fighting a cold all week, and trying to catch up from being on vacation. I'm one tired puppy.

I hope that everyone has a great Friday!
  • myallforjcbill
    myallforjcbill Posts: 5,598 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Good Morning. I survived DMV yesterday with the rains keeping the early morning line short. Less than 45min and 10 was waiting for it to open. I finally meet with my Pain Dr this morning. I have my list of questions with the goal of plans to get a better handle on my situation and how to best deal with short term and long term. I will need to keep my emotions in check. Have an amazing day!
  • wethlaw
    wethlaw Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Morning all, TGIF. Yikes think I would rather be in my construction zone than at the DMV....should be credit for time served towards heaven. Winter is here with a passion today and same for the near future. Time to get out the woolies...Be well all.
  • LeonardRing
    LeonardRing Posts: 4,678 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    Thought I had posted earlier, must have went somewhere.
    TGIF,
    Pulled lite jacket out of closet today, 1st time this season; not ready for cold.
    Trying to decide whether to protect tomatoes Sunday night or pull them all. Will pull all beans and let vines go. Hope turnips, mustard and lettuce are good with cold spell.
    Steve, get some rest and learn to say NO!
    Bill, good that you were there early; hope pain Dr. finds more relief.
    Lee, enjoy day off tomorrow.
    Mike, that is way to cold for me to be out.
    Dave, being a handyman may be easier than turning for sister. Since DW does not allow me to do somethings that I used to, it is very hard to get help, especially a small roof patch.
    Being without kitchen over holidays cuts out lots of work, but I know it does get tired. Last time I did remodel on our kitchen we were eating out for over 4 weeks; total destruction was over 3 months.
    Enjoy the Day,
    Sam I am