Let's get this started!

Options
jnmalsch
jnmalsch Posts: 21 Member
Who is currently active here? Whats your story?
I had gastric bypass 02/2014 and lost 160 pounds in 7 months. By month 8 the regain started and has continued. Currently I have gained back all but 40 pounds

Replies

• duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group...had VSG 3/4/2015, lost 99 lbs initially... over the last year due to old habits and poor accountability on my part; that just led to me wanting whatever I wanted and basically having it, I regained 32 of those lbs lost..a week ago I got fed up when my clothes were way too tight and I had to go out in my also too tight but could barely still get into yoga pants, because none of my jeans would zip. So I went looking on the net, after really getting down on myself for everything I’ve done to sabotage my journey...found BariatricEating.com and spent all Sat night reading things on their site and on their Facebook groups....Sun am I started their 48 hr Reset....

The first day I started out positive, by the end of the day it was sucking, carb/sugar cravings were so bad, head hunger really messing with me, and the withdrawal headaches were kicking in..but I stuck to it, after all, it’s only 2 days...Day 2, not quite as bad, still had bad cravings and headaches, but the light at the end of the tunnel is...real food! So I get to dinner on that 2nd night, my reward per the plan...8oz roasted chicken breast, my mouth was watering...but I knew there was a point to this lesson, to find out if my pouch was still giving restriction...

so I went back to my surgeon’s rules...
    *no liquids 10 min before eating or 40 min after, small bites chewed 20-25 Times, should take no less than 15 min but no more than 25 to eat, stop when you get your full que ( mine is a burp) *
    I didn’t even make it through 2 ounces before I got that que..man, I was ready to take on at least half of it, like I had been for months..wow what an insight!

The next morning I started their BoT plan (they have a couple of different plans to follow) with a new understanding of my pouch, and sugar/carb cravings that were really diminishing, and headaches gone...today is 1 week after I started the 48 hour reset, I’ve lost 5.4lbs of my regain lbs, but I’ve also learned I need to get back to taking care of my body and my tool, and no more sugar cravings, the carbs are still whispering my name, but I’m holding strong and not giving in this time, because I noticed those went from screaming my name to whispering in a week!

BariatricEating.com along with all the great tools and resources on their website, also has 2 great Facebook groups too I’m a part of..I am currently not using their protein powders (Inspire) but I have been thinking about it..I use Premier Protein ready to drink, since my surgery I have never been able to drink the powders..I can’t get past the smell of them and if I do happen to, I don’t make it a sip or 2 into it because of the frothy stuff...but theirs is supposed to not have the smell factor or bad aftertaste
    Hw: 272
    SW : 265
    LW: 172.4
    RW: 205.6
    CW: 200.2

• Imagine_if
    Imagine_if Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm here ... still yoyo-ing. Despite my best efforts I've managed to gain more weight than when I began last year. I find myself, once again,
    coming back to putting my health first. I'm one month into exercise and half a week back on My fitness pal and the struggle is REAL!
    I've been reading all the past posts in this WLS section hoping to find encouragement.
    Marie.
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Imagine_if wrote: »
    I'm here ... still yoyo-ing. Despite my best efforts I've managed to gain more weight than when I began last year. I find myself, once again,
    coming back to putting my health first. I'm one month into exercise and half a week back on My fitness pal and the struggle is REAL!
    I've been reading all the past posts in this WLS section hoping to find encouragement.
    Marie.

You may find some inspiration here...
    https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?init=quick&q=No Bariatric Regain, Back on Track&tas=0.08879325292462792
    It’s an amazing group in my opinion, but either way, I hope you find some inspiration, it’s so hard if you don’t
  • MFP1313
    MFP1313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello..is this group still active?