November 19 Sign In

Options
2»

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    vwezo8o2zn3l.jpeg
    Here is a picture of my wife, Rose, and me created by our youngest grand child, Phoebe. She is in second grade.
    Thanks to @craigo3154 for his help during my vacation in Central America.
    My parents taught me that I could do anything that I was willing to work for. They also gave me the most important gift that any child should receive, I always knew that my parents loved me.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    d5ef6d1faswq.jpeg
    w1nyi1mip80p.jpeg
    The top photo shows the trunk of an enormous tropical tree called ceiba.
    The second photo is of one variety of liche which the Costa Ricans call mamon China.
    My report:
    Tracking: ok
    Calories: under by 300+
    Exercise: a recovery day of 20 minutes of walking
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. 2 mile dog walk

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

What I learned from my parents:

Respect your elders
    Work hard
    Turn the light off when you leave a room

And much more. I was lucky enough to have parents that were married until my father passed in 2002. My mum has never remarried or dated. She is a wonderful role model to me. She is coming to visit in 3 weeks and I can’t be more excited.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Another good day!
    10,312 steps, 3 hrs of activity

Calories were good, but I did chew up 23 calories of exercise cushion, still over 300 below the limit.

Everything logged.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I'm the oldest child of teenage parents, so what I learned was to take care of myself and siblings. I developed independence and industriousness. I don't thank them for that, but I made the most of the situation.

Yes x 3 today, under calories by a better margin, weightlifting this morning, tango this evening.
  • kaye4health
    kaye4health Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Y (took doggie for brisk walk 45min)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Y (1200-1500, ate 1214 calories today)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Y (logged all, drank 9-8oz glasses water today)
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    3 yeses for me.

My life lesson and biggest pet peeve. Don’t complain unless you’re doing something about it. If you can’t do anything about it then find a better way of looking at it. Life is only as good as you make it.
  • ReDoableMe
    ReDoableMe Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 20 minutes of aerobics

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been lax in updating. Busy day today so no x3. Plan on getting exercise Monday at gym and am having hubby join me.
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    @dejavuohlala thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately the Cleveland clinic heart center has been part of our lives for the last 13 years.
    @LuluNacia congratulations on the scale being where you want it to be.!!
    Three yesses for Sunday 11-19.
    My dad was my idol. He grew up in orphanages and reform schools. Worked every job imaginable and through the help of the GI Bill went to college and ended up the a PHd. He ran a 1/2 way house for messed up kids as he had been. Way too many life lessons taught to list here.