Thighsman Trophys

Options
2»

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is correct!! Good job on having pizza only once!! It's one of my fave's!

Today was my first day off training. 71 calls for triage, that's a call every 7 minutes. It is definitely hard to be the middle man. It's good for now, but definitely not for the long term. I'm in my own office and it's kind of like solitary confinement. I'll give it a couple of years, maybe.

I had a cappuccino for lunch from Olive Garden - whoooo, hooooo. I am still flying from that one. I have to hit the treadmill while it lasts.

Peace out!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Well, I wasn't able to do my no drinking last night. But, I kept it on the low side.
    The team has good momentum now - we just need MrTubbs to kick in!! Tubbs, how are you?

OK, I am going to clean a bit today, exercise and bowling. I got my new bowling shoes, but I know they will not really make a difference. I will try the stupid video and die I am sure.

I will weigh in on Wednesday because I will be traveling for the weekend. I am going to try and have the new challenge ready to go this week for next Saturday.

• 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to access the video.
  • MrTubbs
    MrTubbs Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    CT scan was today. It took 5 minutes. Why is there such a long wait to get these?

I get my results on Tuesday or Wednesday. If the doctor says no permanent damage than I'm going to start to ramp up the exercise. (Aka.. start exercising).
  • nisijam5
    Options
    135terry wrote: »

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrBTzbveI5XT24A7KpXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0OG8yMzhpBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjE5MTBfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=tummy+tuck+exercises&fr=mcafee&fr2=piv-web#id=24&vid=20e52fe2ff64a987672766cc049b8901&action=view

You should be able to hover over the link and it will take you right there. It will come on after you suffer thru the commercial.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    MrTubbs wrote: »
    CT scan was today. It took 5 minutes. Why is there such a long wait to get these?

I get my results on Tuesday or Wednesday. If the doctor says no permanent damage than I'm going to start to ramp up the exercise. (Aka.. start exercising).

I'm sending good vibes!!
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    nisijam5 wrote: »
    135terry wrote: »

https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AwrBTzbveI5XT24A7KpXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE0OG8yMzhpBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjE5MTBfMQRzZWMDcGl2cw--?p=tummy+tuck+exercises&fr=mcafee&fr2=piv-web#id=24&vid=20e52fe2ff64a987672766cc049b8901&action=view

You should be able to hover over the link and it will take you right there. It will come on after you suffer thru the commercial.

Thanks. Works great, well except for my internet speed, but that is another issue. :)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey team!! I am staying on track with the exercise. I really didn't want to do the treadmill yesterday but got on there anyway. Today, I will dreadmill again and knock out as many abs as possible while I am at work. I am determined to hit that 2000 cals this week.

I think the diet has been good. I've been packing my lunches and eating light at night. I bought some caramel/cheddar popcorn mix that I should have just left on the shelve.

I'm supposed to travel for the holiday but I have a tooth that might be giving me trouble. I cracked a molar during my sleep a while back. I have been waiting for the new year to have it fixed - but, it might not hold out. UGH!! I won't have insurance if I go now. Anyway, I also have to travel around Dec 16th for my daughter's graduation so I am thinking that it's best to stay here anyway.
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    Sorry team. I screwed up this week. Still no word from the doctor. Hopefully Monday.
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    I dropped the ball and missed weigh in. Yesterday was a crazy day. At 7am our office starts an all day celebration for the accountants that became designated. Needless to say the evening portion had food and open bar.

Good news: I heard back from the doctor.
    Bad news: I have multilevel degeneration and a posterior bulged disc between L4 and L5 with nerve involvement.

So, as predicted, chiro and physio recommended. And I still have 3 weeks until I receive benefits through work.
  • djf1728
    djf1728 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I got home to weigh in, my Fitbit scale stopped working. It's currently being replaced. But in the meantime, I don't have a scale. I have to buy one tonight. Will post soon as I can.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Ok, I have been horrible with logging - or at least, trying to monitor my diet. Football day is the worst!! We went to a new restaurant and basically stayed the whole game - noshing and imbibing. I was good to exercise on Saturday and today. My new gym opens soon and I am so excited. That is going to be the game changer.

Tubbs - I am sorry that you have to go thru this. Is that all they can do? I know very little about the spine. Sucks.

• nisijam5
    Options
    djf1728 wrote: »
    When I got home to weigh in, my Fitbit scale stopped working. It's currently being replaced. But in the meantime, I don't have a scale. I have to buy one tonight. Will post soon as I can.

Bummer on the scale!!
  • MrTubbs
    Options
    nisijam5 wrote: »
    Tubbs - I am sorry that you have to go thru this. Is that all they can do? I know very little about the spine. Sucks.

There is an option of surgery to trim the disc so that it doesn't hit the nerve, but that is not something my doctor will recommend until every other option is exhausted since I can still work.

Luckily it is getting better. I think the improvement started about 3 weeks ago. Currently the referring pain is gone. If they told me this result when I was bed ridden I probably would have been pretty angry. But, I feel like the worst is over.

Walking to work has stopped hurting so I think I'm going to try to set up my bike. Losing weight will be a big help to decompress the spin and allow the disc to slide into the correct spot.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Slow and steady MrTubbs.

Ok, I am a dork. I brought my yoga mat to work and when I have down time, i will do some reps and abs in my office. I hope no one hears me.

Here's a side story. I watched a video this morning of a girl in Tennessee singing to a dying patient. It's kind of making me realize that I miss the direct patient interaction. I have been doing this phone triage and it's kind of boring and all phone work. I miss my patients!! We have so much impact sometimes. I really need to figure things out!!!