Hunger pains.

Options
grrrgirl
grrrgirl Posts: 38 Member
When I try to eat I feel horrible! (Mentally and physically) Def not a motivater. Any tips?

Replies

• livisuzanne
    livisuzanne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with this too. I have to tell myself that in order to take care of my mind, I have to take care of my body. Instead of focusing on the thought of eating, I try to look at food as fuel and think about what food I am putting into my body in terms of its nutrients, and what I need to use it for. I have hypoglycemia, and a blood sugar crash is absolutely awful, and can lead to not eating mindfully because I'm just trying to get blood sugar back up and I am not thinking about much other than that. I have to tell myself, "okay this is a carb that will give me a kickstart and I am pairing it with a protein that will keep my blood sugar and my energy level throughout the day." I have actually written this down as a reminder because the "chatter" of what my eating disorder tells me often sounds better than what I know is logical and medically accurate.

This is something I struggle with daily. It's easier to skip a meal than it is to talk myself into taking care of my body, so I just try to think of food in a way that doesn't have to do with simply eating.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I have managed to up my calories into the healthy range for the last week but I am not really eating right yet. I am still eating meals like I did when I averaged under 1000 and adding scary things like candy and ice cream (scary because of binge history). When I started the diet, I averaged a half pound a day for two months. I can't even say that outside of an ED group or thread or my post will get deleted and I will get another warning. So even though I am sort of getting past that, I still have to learn to eat like a normal person.
  • Pittie66
    Pittie66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have yet to add any “scary” foods (ones that I have binged on before), so I commend you for doing that. I stick to my safe foods. My problem is if I think I have overeaten, or eaten something that I consider bad, The next day I exercise it off. I think I am taking in enough calories each day as I am not losing weight, but the obsessions about food and exercise are making me nuts. I do eat healthy, but it’s very regimented.