Just found out - now what?

Options
jp4ap
jp4ap Posts: 102 Member
I just found out I have fatty liver. I wasn't given many details other than my doc wants to do a hep. screen to ensure I do not have hep. The doctor's nurse said I just need to adjust my diet and exercise like I used to. Okay...I get I need to diet and exercise but what do I eat, what don't I eat, I don't really drink that much alcohol, SO MANY QUESTIONS!!! (And of course no real answer yet)

So I lost over 100 lbs about 3 years ago (that's when I started my tremendous backslide). Between injuries, excuses, and laziness I gained weight again and now reside around 350 lbs. So I gained back 80 lbs in the span of 3 years. Now I feel like crud all the time, stomach hurts, tired, and just plain thinking I'm dying.

I don't need motivation to do this. Tomorrow starts me getting back on the wagon (and I could use some pals who are battling the same thing to help keep me accountable and vice versa). What I need is people telling me what has worked for them and that this is actually something I can get a grip on, meet head on, and defeat it all while getting back to kicking some butt in the process.

Thanks for reading my book here. ;) Just scared and disgusted in myself all at the same time.

Replies

• Pamanda1966
    Pamanda1966 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    How's it going? I've just posted now and am about to find out for sure next week why my scan shows as 'bright' - usually fatty liver apparently