Hello everyone - best motivation ever now !

Options
Hi, this is cut and paste from my other replies from a search on forum.

Best wishes to you. How's it going? I'm no expert and appreciate most people replying wont be but I'm just gathering info.

I'm starting on a liver friendly diet plan. Best motivation ever to lose weight too when its medical. Not had my official appt with doctor yet, thats next week but the lady doing the scan led me to believe its going to be fatty liver and everything in my life matches that. Just glad there's no 'lumps'. I welcome any advice, documents or websites you've found. Liver friendly diet is not something I've ever had to look at.

I had a glass of warm water with lime juice this morn - my plan for each day now.

Replies

• Pamanda1966
    Pamanda1966 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So far I've just veen reading stuff like this as I had no idea. Looking for an NHS one so that its not trying to sell me a 'magic potion'. This one below is quite informative.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/mental-eight-ways-stress-harms-your-health-082713#1
  • devomann
    devomann Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I’ve just recently got dignosed also.

My world was rocked. Went in for a different reason and that is what came from it.

Even though I lost 60 lbs in a year, they weren’t impressed and put me on a diet pill. First week I lost 7lbs. This week so far nothing.

I work out 6 times a week and keep my cals to what fitness pal says.

Do you have any other suggestions to help? The only thing they gave me was to eat less carbs and cut out as much processed foods as possible.

I’m very motivated to fix this....but kinda feel at it alone.

Thanks!
  • billnielsen
    billnielsen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I met with Dietician. She told me that Fat was my #1 enemy....avoid trans fats at all cost. Limit saturated fats. Go after unsaturated fats BIG TIME...find these in avacados, nuts, oil oil, peanut butter, etc.

She said my second focus needs to be to limit carbs...she took what MFP said I should have for carbs and fat and cut it by about 25% and she upped my protein.

After 5 weeks of this...my blood test shows Liver enzymes back in normal range. Doc said if I keep going, I can reverse NAFL, but it may take 1-2 years. I say it's worth it as it will add 10 times that or more to my life!!!

Send me a friend invite.