December 12 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yesterday, I presided over a meeting for which my procrastination prep had cut my sleep on Sunday night. I did ok with one night of less than 5 hours of sleep, but if I continued to be sleep deprived, then according to the excellent article linked below, it's almost impossible to lose weight when you short yourself on sleep.
    See this link https://www.shape.com/lifestyle/mind-and-body/why-sleep-no-1-most-important-thing-better-body
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    4b1yeiyqimgp.jpg
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Last night once again I missed the ending of the hallmark movie. I woke up as the next one was starting . So I went to bed but as I am getting up every couple hours to shovel if the body wants to sleep I sleep. I am starting to get blisters. This morning I finish the driveway and I see the snow plow pull down our road. Ok I am a little feisty as yesterday he dumped 4' into the end of the driveway. So I throw my cars high beams on me. Proceed to go to the middle of the road with my shovel. He flashes his lights at me I wave my shovel and get out of the road. He takes it slow up the hill and I only got 2 feet in driveway. We have a new guy doing our road. He has not made it to my like list. I always shovel with the car lights on as it gives my neighbors a heads up I am outside shoveling. The banks are getting high they can't see me but they note the car moving and the headlights.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Better day here today, Had to be out early today to go to have our hair cut so just a short chase round with puppy. Did have a good walk around the village after hairdresser, and have done quite a bit at home as well, so yes x 3 for me. Both dogs are going for their haircut tomorrow (puppy 's 1st time!) so should be fun.

Sleep - I have never been a good sleeper right from being a baby. My parents apparently used to spend hours trying to get me to sleep without success - I wasn't crying, just awake. I still take a long time to get to sleep, wake up several times in the night and can't sleep in in the morning. However, as this is "normal " for me I don't worry about it.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (50 min walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.

Not much of a sleeper myself. 5-6 hours a day since I was a child. Not sure if it's biological or a habit and I often sleep badly. (We have warplanes circling the city almost every night for years when they fly low they most certainly awake you.)
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Sleep... hey I am sleeping ok. @RangerRickL I recommend retirement. It is kind of nice.
    Sleep. I discovered this Pandora thing. I am kind of behind the curve on tech so you guys prob heard about it a long time ago. They got piano music on there that is good for sleeping. There is a couple of songs in my playlist, if I put them on my wife konks out pretty much immediately. I like it when them songs penetrate into my dream state. You know, Like that funny movie "inception." Man o man!

Hanging out with Buddy pretty much every day. The stuff of pure joy but I can't come up with a context for it. 60 pounder, he is kind of hard on my back. I must be getting old. But if I ride my bike I can shake it out. Get that little guy to walk is my ambition these days. But it has to be fun.

Kids in the schoolyard see me helping Buddy and they want to help too. It is so sweet. Buddy and me got threads of non verbal communication. He can tell me what he wants. I always got these two questions for him, "do you like it?" ... "can you do it?"

I am having a beer and a shot after kind of a satisfying but slightly painful on the back day. So I better not get to waxing too poetic.

yes x 3 ... I ride my bike up to that schoolyard. That is almost 20 minutes right there. Hanging out with Buddy believe it or not is exercise.

I haven't been up the mountain in more than ten days but I got my bike back from the shop. Maybe tomorrow. Heh! Brakes seem to work. I guess that is the main thing.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3... went out for a 40 minute walk in the village this AM with temp about 31. DH and I walked around 2 malls this afternoon. Just got home and temps in the low teens with single digit wind chills. Fire is burning...sleep not far behind!
    rtr3thudlag8.jpg
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,177 Member
    Options
    Dec. 12
    Exercise - yes, 10,000 steps including a long walk in the crisp snow
    Calories under- yes
    Logged everything- yes
  • dawnrenae17
    dawnrenae17 Posts: 32 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Yes to all 3!! B)
    Over 12,000 steps today. A morning workout and an afternoon bonus workout! Calories were under even with the halo top ice cream!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Pass Day #4- Still not feeling well.
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    yes - nice walk with a friend after work
    yes
    yes
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,056 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill/Yoga
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank ✅
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes to the 3! I walked for an hour.
  • oldactor
    oldactor Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Exercise-walking and bicycling 40 minutes
    Tracking-yes
    Calories- yes
  • MelissaSheklian
    MelissaSheklian Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Excercise: 1 hour strength/abs, 30 minutes elliptical
    Calories: logged and under
    This challenge is really keeping me on track, I haven’t wanted to workout much lately and this gives me an extra push to get it done
  • astroamy
    astroamy Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Dec 11: Pass day #2

Dec 12:
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 35 min jog, strength training class plus 8k steps.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Wow! I worked from 7 a.m until 10:30 p.m., but now it all slows down until January 15. This is the yearly sleepy time in my law firm. Next week, many of those who have set appointments will cancel and move the appointment until January. I'm used to this. Fortunately, the firm has done well this year and we have sufficient reserves for the 30 day hibernation from Dec 15 until January 15.
    My report:
    Exercise: I was in very cold downtown Chicago today and I did 3 miles of walking at a crisp and cold pace
    Calories: under by 360
    Tracking: ok
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    12-Dec-2017

Exercise: yes, 90 minutes of walking
    Calories: yes, under my limit
    Tracking: yes, everything