Tournament Sparring picture

Options
Out_of_Bubblegum
Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
edited December 2017 in Social Groups
More photos from my recent tournament just came in today. Found this one of one of my matches, thought I'd share.

d7c5op5xg1z3.jpg

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    That is a GREAT shot! Definitely wasn't taken from a cell phone lol. Love it
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    They had 2 photographers covering the event.. there's like 1400 pictures.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    I wish my dojang would do that. They take pics but not many. At least not great ones. I usually get ONE good photo per intramural.

So the question is, was that a hook kick to the face? Or was it a variation of a side kick? Can't tell where the momentum is coming from, but the pic caught it at the exact moment
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    I kicked that guy in the head a lot... he is a Kenpo guy, good with his hands. In fact if you look at my face, you can see a bruise forming under my left eye (the red nose was due to cancer surgery years ago... it's always like that) from a hook punch of his... but he had no clue how to close the distance to get inside my kicking range, so his head was fair game all day long... so I hit him with round, side and hook multiple times.. You can see his nose is red -- that was from me nailing him with a round kick pretty hard.

From the look of my foot position, I think it was a hook kick. I'm generally nice about them and use the flat of my foot to avoid knock outs, and you can see my toes curling out from my boot as I reach out with the flat of my foot.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Options
    I was hoping for some good shots from the other match I fought that day... the one I lost, but no such luck. There were a couple of REALLY good shots from both sides on that match, but mostly the photographers caught people's backs, blocked kicks, fakes, that kind of thing.
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    awesome!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!