Bridging Program 10k - How are you getting on?

Options
2»

Replies

• magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 10K Trainer this morning!! I start half marathon next week :smiley:
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    been 8 weeks since I have run anything. Going to try a 5km around home tomorrow (get my lie in) see what time I manage. :) 33:41 to beat
    Planning on maybe running it a bit more often in the new year as I have to cut back swimming due to new hair colour and style! (just til I figure it out I don't want to be washing it every day after chlorine)
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    well I did a 5km Saturday and today I have what must be very mild shin splints, darn it! Not had them before!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I'm having a problem with keeping up speed and pacing. I've just completed Week 6 day 3. But I'm noticing that in order to stay at a continuous run I have to slow down by about 1 to 1.5 mph. Should I stay at the same week until I can remain at the faster interval day pace (about 5.8 to 6 mph) pace for the longer continuous runs? Or can I proceed with the plan, focusing on time and build in speed later?
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I did day two of week 5 of the 10k program this morning. I was doing ok up to last week, but this week I'm finding the longer intervals tough as hell! Day one on Monday was a nightmare, I had to hit pause and rush to the bathroom during both of the runs. Today started off similarly, I about managed to last 10 minutes before needing a potty break (sorry for the TMI here!) then had to pause again during the (silly, pathetic, waste of time IMO) 1 minute walk break. Second interval I managed to run the whole 25 minutes non-stop though, so slight improvement there.
    Just two times 30 minutes with another (silly, pathetic, hardly worth it) 1 minute walk break in the middle on Friday then next week it's 60 minutes straight. O.....M.....G...... 60 minutes???? Am I really going to try and run for an entire hour? Someone examine my head please!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I did day two of week 5 of the 10k program this morning. I was doing ok up to last week, but this week I'm finding the longer intervals tough as hell! Day one on Monday was a nightmare, I had to hit pause and rush to the bathroom during both of the runs. Today started off similarly, I about managed to last 10 minutes before needing a potty break (sorry for the TMI here!) then had to pause again during the (silly, pathetic, waste of time IMO) 1 minute walk break. Second interval I managed to run the whole 25 minutes non-stop though, so slight improvement there.
    Just two times 30 minutes with another (silly, pathetic, hardly worth it) 1 minute walk break in the middle on Friday then next week it's 60 minutes straight. O.....M.....G...... 60 minutes???? Am I really going to try and run for an entire hour? Someone examine my head please!

I think this is when I'm going to dread that voice prompt "Begin running for SIXTY minutes. You are on run one... of ... one. "

:s
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Today, I ran the whole 60 minutes. No pausing, no potty breaks. The last 20 minutes were kinda ugly but I got it done. 11 months ago I tried to do day one of C25k and it almost crippled me. It took me a long time, but I DID IT! :D