"One" battery life

Options
KNoceros
KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
Hi all. I have a ten month old (Christmas present) One that I absolutely love, but in the last 6 weeks it has gone from only needing charging every 5-6 days to every 72 hours! This seemed like a sudden rather than gradual change.
Does my unit have a battery problem is is this normal for a One of this sort of age? (In which case, bit disappointed as had hoped it would have a longer life....)

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Contact the Fitbit before the limited warranty runs out. My first One lasted about two years before the lithium polymer battery began to hold less charge. The second one had a battery problem similar to what you are experiencing. Fitbit sent me a replacement.

I switched over the Charge2 this past March.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    This has been happening to me too, but mine is 3+ years old. I read there was an issue with the iOs that was causing it, but it was supposedly fixed Oct 9. That's about when mine started misbehaving. No solution figured out yet.
  • KNoceros
    Options
    I contacted Fitbit and they agreed it looked like there is a problem. They asked me to do a battery test (turn off all day sync, restart and charge the Fitbit then run it until it's flat). I took it off charge at 05:50 24th Oct and its still going... (although I have spent the last 48hr virtually inactive due to illness).

So- it looks like it's either the all day sync or simply "switching it off and on again" has fixed it. Fingers crossed.
  • ZenAndTheArt
    ZenAndTheArt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Mine lasts about 5-6 days too. One problem is that I thought I'd lost mine last week (it was found :) ) and in panic I went online to buy a new one and it appears that they are no longer on sale. This would be a shame because I loove my One. I dont want a tracker that is also a watch
  • KNoceros
    Options
    So after the reset and with all day sync off, it took 11 days
  • IdLikeToLoseItLoseIt
    Options
    Mine lasts about 5-6 days too. One problem is that I thought I'd lost mine last week (it was found :) ) and in panic I went online to buy a new one and it appears that they are no longer on sale. This would be a shame because I loove my One. I dont want a tracker that is also a watch
    I couldn't believe this, until I saw it with my own eyes! It has been officially discontinued! :'(:'(:'(

Yet the Zip is still being sold? :s
  • lauraver
    lauraver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me as another Fitbit addict mourning for my One. It went from holding a charge for over a week to barely 2 or 3 days, and that's also when I discovered that this model has been discontinued. Wish I had had some advance notice ; ( The Zip appears to be on backorder right now. Clearly the company is focusing on "wearables" and watches especially, which I absolutely don't want. I am going to give the Flex 2 a try. Amazon sells a 3rd-party clip for it that should allow me to wear it on my clothes when I don't want to have it on my wrist. Will miss the floor data however.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    On the Fitbit community forums, LOTS of people are complaining about battery life on their One's suddenly going down. @lauraer ... after discovering that the One was discontinued (No! That's another big thread on the Fitbit forums!) I did a little experiment with the Alta (also in a 3rd party clip) ... it's much closer to the One than the Flex, although it doesn't have floors either. I posted my experience with the Alta (borrowed my son's) on my little blog. http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2017/12/fitbit-one-done-alta-alternative.html