December 29 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Please reach out to me and let me know if you believe that you are on target to be in the December Winner's Circle.
    I wrote down the names of those who signed in yesterday and said,"Yes! Count me in!"
    We have a short time to go in the month of December.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    8n3jhpq9ldce.jpg
    Here is an example of why most of us fall off the MFP and UAC wagon in December. Add to the picture, the reality that we enjoy sharing food with our loved ones!
    Here is today's question: When do you pack up the leftover sweets; treats; and irresistible holiday food and just toss it out? Or don't you toss it out?
    My wife and I threw out most of the holiday cookies and treats the day after Christmas. There are still some treats left in the office kitchen. I will throw any leftovers away at the end of business today.
    What about you?
    Rick
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    December 29
    Exercised?: Yes. 5km in 42 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Slow walk today. Late evening. Very foggy.

Spent the morning helping another new drone pilot get in the air. So satisfying to see someone's first successful FPV flights.

@RangerRickL. We throw out or leave behind any excess festive food treats. Years of experience we over-cater less on sweet treats.

My daughter is more a savoury than sweet person. Now, I will only have what keeps in budget (hard for me to go over - both psychologically and physically). My wife likes sweets, but knows that if it is in the house it is too much of a temptation. As she is the only one who is likely to eat them, it's best not to have excess "sweets" around.

I still like my Pavlova and/or Ice Cream for dessert. But I have found I keep up my normal diet (mainly bread/gluten free) and exercise, I can have these daily with no adverse effects (weight stays stable).
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    House is clear it's work that still has a steady stream of stuff coming in. Right now I am unsure who keeps bringing it in. Today is our long day so another possibility that a client will serve lunch or dinner. At this point I am back to the gym for at least half my breaks/ lunch & or dinner. It curbs the munchies.

I added the weight belt to this morning's walk as it was my first time I did a shorter distance.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    House is clear it's work that still has a steady stream of stuff coming in. Right now I am unsure who keeps bringing it in.

@2020pinktogo So glad I am retired. The workplace can totally sabotage any nutrition plan. I used to dislike all of those leftover Halloween and Christmas sweets that were left in the office kitchen. I am a "sugar" person...and never need any added temptation! I usually limit my desserts now to less than 1/2 cup of ice cream or pudding. I can make a "mean" pie and awesome cream puffs (my great grandmother was the pastry chef at a small college) but I bake and partake very little anymore.
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (30 min walking)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.

• w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Kitchen is closed for tonight. Yes x 3 for me with a 1 hour walk (4 laps of the perimeter of the mall and big box stores) and 45 minutes of low impact aerobics. Still too cold for any length of time outside. I can, now, safely say I will be joining those in the December Winners Circle as, to date, I have only had 1 pass day.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yep, 75 minute Yin/Restorative Yoga class
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep

No Winner's Circle for me, too many sick days.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Yes x3 even with goodies from Paneras.

Note: SimonsChange Will be back in Jan. :D
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,297 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? ✅ Treadmill
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? ✅
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? ✅
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @2020pinktogo bowled me over with the news that our dear friend @Simonschange was on the UAC membership roster for January. I peeked over on the January list and sent him a private message greeting.
    My report for today. This was my last day in the office until January 15. I worked a long time today to clear my desk and my PC. In addition, since I am a tax lawyer, the new tax act requires hours of study. Over the next few months, it will be far more than hours, it will be weeks of study.
    Calories: Under by a bit
    Tracking; ok
    Exercise: exercise walking
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    29-Dec-2017

exercise: yes, 55 minutes of elliptical and a 30 minute walk

Calories: yes, within my limit

Tracking: yes, everything
  • 120maggie
    120maggie Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    Three yesses with back to a good routine. We would have a riot at my house if I got rid of the treats. Today was my first day in the office and I took the chocolate caramel peanuts that were a gift to me from a customer to the plant lunch room. So maybe I was an enabler. :#
  • glimjy
    glimjy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Our holiday treats don’t make it very long around here so no tossing required.

My kids got me some f my favorite candies for Christmas. I would have normally wiped them out by now but instead, I’ve been eating A cookie or maybe 5 hot tomales. I haven’t even opened the chocolates yet.

Exercise ✅ weights
    Calories ✅ just under
    Logging ✅
  • MzRuthy
    MzRuthy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Yes 3x. Walked 20 min
    I believe I will be in the Winner's Circle.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Exercise fine - took puppy for a walk and a visit to the village. Calories probably over, tracking not so good. Enjoying my remaining time with my sister until her next visit, but looking forward to getting back to my healthy routine.
    So glad I no longer have to face a return to work - I enjoyed most of my roles, but really disliked the commuting in heavy traffic. I feel privileged that now my most frequent hold up is a local farmer's tractor.
    As we are still entertaining I still have some treats and wine around. The mince pies will soon be gone, I don't like biscuits (cookies) so those left will be no problem, just need to ensure no more wine sneaks in and get back to lower carbs.
  • fourathomej
    fourathomej Posts: 4,273 Member
    Options
    December 27
    Exercised?: Yes. BodyBalance - 45 min

December 28
    Pass Day # 5

December 29
    Exercised?: Yes. Spin class

We do a ton of baking for Christmas...most of it goes to gifts...we like to try out a few new ones every year....this year we did quite a few new ones so I was testing them out...lol...mindfully and fully tracked.
  • amichelel588
    amichelel588 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, 35 min rowing machine
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: no
    @RangerRickL we have so many sweets in the house from Christmas - mainly from stocking stuffers for my husband and I from my parents. Usually, these are my downfall as I love sweets, and they continue to wreak havoc until they’re all gone, but this year after New Years, I plan to have my husband and I take some to each of our work places to share, and next year I want to make a rule of no sweets in stockings, as my husband also fills my stocking with candy! It’s a lovely gesture, but surely it could be replaced with something more productive, as I’ve proven I don’t possess the willpower to enjoy sweets sensibly! :)
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No

We don’t really have a lot of sweets in the house. Some dark chocolate every now and then and that’s about it. I like to bake but it’s usually healthy stuff with very few ingredients.

We also don’t get caught up in the indulgence of holidays, we decide what meal to have and get the ingredients for it, we rarely have dessert but always have a lot of fresh fruit around.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @michelle158839 we put lottery tickets in the stocking. My hubby left a note that said check the fridge and he had gotten me yogurt.LOL