Breakfast Switch

A while back I used to eat a McDonald's sausage biscuit every day for breakfast. Then I realized just how unhealthy that was so I switched to 1/2 a cucumber and a couple of campari tomatoes with Walden Farms Calorie free ranch. It is a switch that I still keep with today. What kind of switches have you made?

Replies

• ShakiaCCAC
    ShakiaCCAC Posts: 2 Member
    I eat oatmeal, never ate it before, but now just about everyday.
  • mssa55y
    mssa55y Posts: 1 Member
    My favorite breakfast combo is a 1/2 cup steel cut oats and a veggie or turkey sausage omelet. That way I'm getting my healthy carbs, protein and veggies in 1 meal.
  • NancileeB2
    NancileeB2 Posts: 1 Member
    I too am a huge fan of oatmeal--and make my own Chocolate Walnut (or Almond) Oats
    1/2 c. oats; 1 tsp. sugar in raw; 1 tsp. dark cocoa; cinnamon to taste; 1/2 c. boiling water--mix together, pop in micro for 30 seconds; add favorite nuts to top an 1 Tbsp. Wheat Germ--Yum--you can add Splenda or additional sweetener if this is not sweet enough.
  • jingram30
    jingram30 Posts: 1 Member
    I just switched to steelcut oats. These are the instant kind that work in a microwave. It is easy to prepare at the office, but microwave for 2 mins at a time and then stir and repeat, otherwise it is a messy cleanup in the microwave.

I like to add diced peaches, sweetened with natural monk fruit and cinnamon. It tastes like peach cobbler and satisfies my sweet tooth.

• radzodc
    radzodc Posts: 1 Member
    I have been experimenting with my diet over the past 4 years. Currently, I eat 3 eggs over easy with a dash of cayenne pepper, cooked in coconut oil, and coffee with organic half-n-half and a spoon of coconut oil. This is a huge switch from my sugar-rich mornings of breakfast cereal in skim milk with a glass of orange juice!