January 8 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    So tomorrow it is suppose to warm up. It is just so windy and cold today it's hard to believe. I have goosebumps and am shivering. Yes x 3 for yesterday.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    January 8
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Exercise - Yes. 30 mins Pilates plus running around with the puppy.
    Calories - Yes. Back to weight-loss calories today.
    Tracking - Yes. So much easier with fewer calories to account for!
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes 15 minute Leslie Sansone, 60 minute cleaning, 40 minute walk outside in dark
    Calories yes!
    Tracking yes, even 1g Worcestershire sauce which came up as 0
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Jadecarpet wrote: »
    JAN 8
    tracked calories & food
    Logged exercise too <3

Canal walk way with my boy in Wigan, UK... chilly!
    i8ml4w3ebmmz.jpg

Very cute photo!
  • cardio_enthusiast
    cardio_enthusiast Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    7 January 2018
    Exercise: yes, 10,000 steps
    Calories: yes, within my limit
    Tracking: yes, everything

8 January 2018
    Exercise: yes, circuit training
    Calories: yes, within my limit
    Tracking: yes, everything
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    JAN 8
    tracked calories & food
    Logged exercise too <3

i8ml4w3ebmmz.jpg

What a handsome boy! <3
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. Lots of walking. Less than I'd wanted, as it was pissing down with rain.
    Calories: Yes, stayed under.
    Tracking: Yes
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (More than an hour of line dancing at a wedding)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • bocasdelbadbob
    bocasdelbadbob Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of UK people on here and I am losing track of who they are.
    Losing track, I guess that is one of my problems.
    It is only 8 days in to Jan and I kind of haven't got my diet measured all that diligently.
    I am exercising. That is always fun to talk about if you ask me.
    Got some good climb today but my knee was whispering louder than usual so I don't push it.
    1700 feet of climb if I round up a shade. I always try for 2000 but if it don't feel right should I feel guilty for not abusing myself?
    Ugh, reality sets in. I can't race 20 year olds up that hill any more.
    Heh! But I am still beating all of them rascals that never get off the couch or away from their computer games.

I got this GPS watch. I guess that is my computer game. I plug it into the internet and it tells me whether or not I am a he-man. Better yet, the internet, Mr Wizard, tells me how many exercise calories I burned.

So I got these two internet thingies. One of them Strava, one of them Garmin. They don't give me the same numbers on exercise calories burned. Whoa! What is a guy to do?

Hey, I take the guy that gives me the most and then decide whether or not to eat it.

Here is a wild one. If I wear a heart rate monitor strap, then the whole equation is different. Strap on I get less. Strap off I get more. So that would be all philosophical. How much exercise should I eat? Hey, I am scientific about it.

Fun. I am forgetting to talk about fun. Fun is scrambling down a scrabbly dirt road that you spent 90 minutes climbing.

Fun is also going to the little schoolhouse to see and have lunch with my little Buddy.
    Heh! That little guy is going to be sweet memories for me for when my lights grow dim.

There is a whole lot of people interested in that little guy learning to walk.

Think about a community's he-men competing for the coach award of who got the little guy to walk. PT man has got him pipe walking. It would take me a while to describe that. It is like walking with a cane only that cane is out in front of you and both of your hands are on it. PT man moves the cane or the pipe forward and you step up to it. It is awkward. It ain't natural.

I got the little guy one hand walking. My right hand, his right hand connected. It is almost like hand holding walking. It is natural and incorporates autonomy. Buddy can physically tell me where he wants to go. It is beauty big time.

The little guy cajoled me to circle back to his grandma for a hug.

Sorry guys. I guess I am sticking too much of my therapeutic world into your heads. But this is the pure beauty of my life. @am_change and @RangerRickL totally get what I am talking about.

We give our little rapscallions everything.

• am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @bocasdelbadbob I get you. Thanks for sharing. Long but exciting day at work here though means I have no energy myself left for sharing more myself today than a yes x 3. Crawling into bed. Oh and should confess pass #1 for yesterday.
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    January 8
    Exercised?: Yes. 6km in 46 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

May be coming down with something (few noticed symptoms, but nothing too serious). Lowest morning weight I can remember recording (under 65kg - under 143 lbs). Must make sure to eat well and rest more.

Walk right on dusk after dinner and late work phone conference. The pace unusually quick.

My wife made pavlova again :) . I get spoiled sometimes.

Sorry for late checkin.

@Jadecarpet. Nice photo. UK is cold this time of year. I was in Milton Keynes just over a month ago and I remember my last morning walk was in 2C (36F) temperatures. (Then I returned to 30C (86F) here in Melbourne's summer).
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    craigo3154 wrote: »
    January 8
    May be coming down with something (few noticed symptoms, but nothing too serious). Lowest morning weight I can remember recording (under 65kg - under 143 lbs). Must make sure to eat well and rest more.
    @craigo3154 Hope you will be feeling better soon.

Yes x 3 for me with enough calories reserved for, perhaps, a small bowl of pudding later on this evening. 30 minutes Leslie Sansone exercise video and 20 minutes Gilad.
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Hey all!!

Today was supposed to be my first day back to work but we had a snow day woo hoo! Perks of the job.

Exercised: yep 30 mins cardio beach body “clean start” day 6

Tracked: yep!

Under: yes!

• drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Soooo cute!
    JAN 8
    tracked calories & food
    Logged exercise too <3

i8ml4w3ebmmz.jpg
    JAN 8
    tracked calories & food
    Logged exercise too <3

i8ml4w3ebmmz.jpg

• serser28
    serser28 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    January 8

Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Bob if you worked at the school in an official capacity they would make you use the crazy pole. Stay a super hero there is something reassuring when someone holds your hand. ;)