Vivoactive 3

chris_in_cal
chris_in_cal Posts: 2,156 Member
Hello,

My new Garmin Vivoactive 3 arrived yesterday. I just sync'd with MFP and am trying figure it all out. Anyone else buying one of these?

Replies

• Shawn_White
    Shawn_White Posts: 7 Member
    Yes. I got mine a month ago and I enjoy it a lot except for a few glitches. It tends to add to many active calories after a workout leading you to believe you can eat more than you really can.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    I just got my Vivoactive 3 for Christmas... switched to Garmin after being part of the Fitbit family for over five years.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    I got mine about a month ago after using Fitbit for many years as well. I find that I miss the challenges. The competition was motivating to me. I am still walking as much but I enjoyed the connection. I bought a boxing/kickboxing app . I don't think it is accurate, but as long as it is consistently inaccurate I can track my overall workout. It still looks better on my wrist than the Fitbit.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited January 2018
    You can connect and do challenges on Garmin as well.
  • btetsola
    btetsola Posts: 40 Member
    Just got mine, will be using it with an external heart rate monitor at the gym for the first time. So that should be interesting.
  • toorisky
    toorisky Posts: 51 Member
    I just switched my fitbit to Garmin.
    I also miss fitbit challenges.
    Feel free to connect me on MFP and Garmin
    My Garmin username : Keiko
  • chris_in_cal
    Yes. I got mine a month ago and I enjoy it a lot except for a few glitches. It tends to add to many active calories after a workout leading you to believe you can eat more than you really can.

Congrats on the gold medal Shawn!
  • chris_in_cal
    If you want to get a bit more involved, and figure stuff out, Garmin VA3 forum is somewhat active. I have had a couple of questions, and quirks get ironed out over there: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/health-fitness/vivoactive-3-aa

https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/health-fitness/vivoactive-3-aa
  • Keef75
    Keef75 Posts: 546 Member
    Got my vivoactive 3 about 2 months ago, had a Polar before and a Suunto before that and prefer the garmin, I prefer the garmin connect app also. Feel free to add on MFP or Garmin Connect- Keef R.