Like Minded Lushes - Winter 2018

Options

Replies

• SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    We buried my MIL's ashes yesterday next to her husband. The day was beautiful. Now that she is laid to rest I feel like I can say goodbye to her and officially close the door on a crappy 2017. Good riddance. You sucked.

New start now. The husband is hoping to hear about a new job (same place, different division) Keeping fingers crossed!! Conquering my new workout plan is next! My weight is holding pretty steady despite my lackluster exercise routine. oh, and wine is still my go to.
    Hope all you lushes are hanging in there. How're your 2018 goals holding up? :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Syd - good luck to your husband! It always seems all families have a year that just completely sucks, for us it was 2016. So I'm glad you got thru it and 2018 will be better!

Well, despite my good intentions my weekend was still a free-for-all! We went up north this weekend and my in-laws are just as bad of an influence as my husband -guess he had to get it from somewhere! :p You would never know I'm leaving for a cruise in a month!! Ugh...I need to invent an in-home liposuction kit!! :/
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    An emotional time / period for sure.... Sorry for your loss. And... job situations are (or can be) stressful. Sounds like you are hanging in there.

I'm on a drinking abstinence period. Not the first - won't be the last. Joined a January challenge here and put a self-imposed goal to make it through February as well.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Good luck to your husband Syd!
    Where is the cruise going to Ann???
    I am with you guys on the new year. Having positive thoughts for 2018!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Obviously 2017 was a crap year for me too Syd. We are putting it behind us. I am even starting to look at puppies again. No time soon and hubby doesn't want what I want. We are both looking for a good 2018. I am doing really well on the drinking moderation. Not so much on the get off my butt thing. However, today is Monday and I will try again. It's Vegas time next weekend. Can you believe Olivia will be 6 years old? (Dave, my kids and grandkids live in Vegas) Ann where is the cruise? Syd, when do you start back on the remodel? Gary, how's it going? Dave, glad you are here.

Where is everyone else?
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    thanks guys!! I echo everything Mama lush said: Ann, where ya going? We want to live vicariously through you! Dave, good to have you here. Your drinking abstinence is admirable. One I will not be following :p Robin, a new puppy sounds exciting! But I understand the both of you needing time to figure it all out. It cannot be possible that Olivia is 6, because I know I haven't aged that much :D Gary, I see you kicking butt with your workouts. Maybe that'll rub off on me!

As far as the rest of the remodel I'm not in a huge hurry. Starting to ponder certain options. Thinking quartz countertops for the kitchen, but I haven't totally decided. Going to work on getting a few bids in the next month. Need to replace some windows/sliders too, so I'll probably do that first. I'm still rehanging things after the paint job. And buying new things since the old stuff isn't cutting it any more. Also trying to firm up vacation plans for this Spring/Summer. We can't seem to zero in a place we both want to go to. Hawaii might be an option. If Kate would show up, she could talk me into it, I bet!! B)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My 2018 has been off to a little rough start. My son turned 3 Sunday and was diagnosed with the flu Saturday morning. We had to reschedule his party. Luckily he's little enough not to really care. So now we will have birthdays 2 weekends in a row; Daphne's 6th birthday is coming up too! I was actually a little under the weather yesterday. Had stomach issues and even a little fever. I went to bed early and ate popcorn and ramen and feel mostly better today. Stomach is still a little off. But I got a run in before I started feeling that bad, and I have a workout I am leading during lunch at work today, so I'm powering through! Otherwise, 2017 has been pretty good. Lots of cold and some snow and schools have been closed some.

My plan was to try to limit drinking to 4 days during the week, and that has not fared so well. I have been managing usually 1 0 a week. My 0 occurred yesterday which was obviously easy. May try for another tonight; we'll see. And I'm also trying to limit to 2 drinks during the week, with an exception here and there if we have friends over/events.

My food goals were keto focused, but I am just aiming for very low carb and sugar and that seems to be working out pretty well.

Keeping up with workouts and trying to incorporate a workout DVD a week in just to mix things up. Keeping up with a 2-3 mile run a week and a yoga class a week and mixing in some lifting also.

We're going to Bonnaroo this year: this will be my 5th year I think. We are renting a big @ss RV this time. I'm too old to not be able to sleep in AC and not have a toilet. So that is my big goal for the year: to feel good wearing a bikini at Roo. :)

Hope everyone is doing well!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    It looks like we are focused for the beginning of 2018! I am no different. My wife is doing the keto diet. As for me, I am limiting the carbs, alcohol and getting in some exercise. It really helps when your husband or wife is sharing the same goals as you!

I see Robin and Ashley have some future events to motivate them- Las Vegas and Bonaroo. (I had to look that last one up. It seems it is quite the music festival!) I have also come to know that Sydney has some great yearly vacations she takes with her husband. (And as far as the exercise goes, it was Syd whose exercise habits finally got me off my holiday butt.)

Cheers to the good things to happen in 2018, I am fortunate to share all of the coming year with you all!
  • SoCalWoman
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Ashley your life is so busy! Hope the flu bug doesn't take over your household...you've got some parties to give!!
    Had to stop by quick to share some great news. The husband got that new job!!! It's pretty amazing at his age (61) to find anything that fits where they're willing to invest in you. The company overall is still not a very supportive environment but luckily he's found a team that seems to appreciate his many years of experience and hard work.
    2018 is starting off well!!!! :)
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Syd - Yay!!! That is awesome news!! :) That deserves a celebration!!

Ashley - hope your son is feeling better! and you too!

We are going to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and San Juan, Puerto Rico. I found an awesome deal for a 5-night cruise for my husband and myself for a grand total of $600. We have airline points so we fly for free :):) I'm super excited!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Woot on the new job for your husband Sydney! And the Eastern Caribbean cruise sounds terrific Ann!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Yay Syd.

I am still moderating. that is all.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I've been meaning to look into the Carribean, Ann! Are parts still recovering from the hurricane? I was thinking there might be some good deals out there to entice tourists to come visit.

We celebrated the husband's new job last night. I had a beer, champagne and 2 glasses of wine. Moving a bit slow today, but it was a great night.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I was a little slow this morning too.... I had a meeting yesterday on my day off so took my kids (another snow day for my daughter.....) to my friend's and after had a few ciders there. Then had more at home and stayed up too late watching Shameless. We just started the 2nd season. I love that show.
  • rjadams
    Options
    leaving work early today to prepare for the birthday party. Plane leaves at 7:30 tonight and I haven't packed yet. I will definitely have Jamma juice this weekend.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Have a fun relaxing time Robin!
    I have not been moderating this week but managed to lose 3 pounds!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Have fun Robin!!
    Way to go, Gary!!! That's awesome.
    Looking forward to a quiet weekend. Maybe throw in a workout or 2, but other than that it'll be Netflix/my book/wine.
    TGIF! :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    Options
    I am quite proud of a successful weekend...did not go batshit crazy!!
    Mon-Fri - 0's
    Saturday - 1 small Bailey's sipper
    Sunday - 1 moscow mule (with Ginger Beer that is made with Stevia :) )
    Hopefully, that combined with good eating and a return to exercise this week will translate into additional weight loss
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    you should be proud, Ann...that's awesome!! You'll see results for sure.
    I didn't drink much over the weekend, but my diet wasn't all that great. :/

BTW..a birdie told me it was Gary's birthday. Happy birthday to you!! Hope you're celebrating in true lush style!! :drinker:
  • amcanzo
    Options
    Happy Birthday Gary!! :)