Class and Practice Check in - Week of 1/15/2018

Options
As martial artists who are also members of a WL and fitness website, it can be helpful for us to remain accountable to each other, and share training ideas.

Any time you participate in class, or practice out side of class, post here and let everyone know. You can write something as simple as "Went to sparring class... got my licks in", or get into as much detail on the practice as you'd like.

This post gets rebuilt every week, to remind us to approach each practice/training/class with a fresh perspective:

- Do today what others won't, so tomorrow you can do what others can't.

Replies

• briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    BJJ class - Monday night - rolled pretty hard during open mat time
    Positional sparring - Thursday night
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Great class this morning! Some techniques, some conditioning. Great fun! Honestly though, the people make the class and I love our class. Awesome bunch of people
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    weight training an hr each on m/t/th/f. monday - handstands and acrobatics classes, tues 2 hrs wushu, thurs 2 hrs wushu, today heading out for acrobatics again if i can finish work in time!
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Black belt class today - first class I've made in 2 weeks (Work schedule is killing me!) - I was feeling pretty poor during class, but sure glad I went. Sparring today was not my best by a long shot - I was slow and got basically bullied around for most of the time, which is pretty unusual for me. Also this is the first time that I realized that I need to adjust my sparring style due to the weight loss.. I can't withstand clashes now like I could 30+ lb ago.