Like Minded Lushes - Winter 2018

Options

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the birthday wishes. I hit a milestone on the 20th. 62! I will receive my first SS check on a couple of months. Nothing to do now but sit on my porch telling young wippersnappers to "Stay off my lawn!"
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Love the term whippersnapper!! We call our daughters boyfriends young whippersnappers!! :p
    Monday - 0
    Staying on the ole wagon so far...
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Great job on the zeros Ann! Me not so much but I have been successful in cutting back! The scales will tell on Friday..
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Yay Gary!! Hope there's some of that SS left for me in a few years ;)

We may need to revoke Ann's lush card. But there's always someone in the group who will pick up the slack (not naming names :D )
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Happy late Birthday Gary!

I've been behaving pretty well. Had a 0 Monday and then a 2 and a 3. Today is my daughter's 6th birthday so we are going to her favorite restaurant which also happens to have 1/2 price bottles of wine tonight!
  • SoCalWoman
    edited January 2018
    Options
    1/2 price bottles of wine would be a seriously dangerous situation for me!! Enjoy!
    Today husband got to announce his new job to all the a$$es who have made his life miserable for 2 years. Such satisfaction to leave them behind...we've decided to have a "karma is a b!tch celebration dinner" tonight so I'll be toasting with wine :drinker:
    Hope everyone else is having a good week!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thank you for the birthday wishes Ashley!
    Have a great "karma is a *kitten*" cele dinner!
    Still trying to moderate, lost another 1.3 el bees this week. So far I am three weeks into this. The last couple days I have been hungry in the evening. Any advice on how to counter that late night hunger??

Enjoy your weekend alls!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Sorry I was MIA last week. The trip to Vegas was good. they are growing up so fast. Olivia lost her first tooth the day before we got there.

Gary - great job on the losses. Hope you had a great birthday.
    Ann - great job on the zeros. And you can call me "not naming names" as I have picked up your slack.
    Syd - so happy for your hubby.
    Ashley - you daughter is 3 days younger than my granddaughter. 6 is so cute.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Glad you had a good visit, Robin!

Gary, the evening munchies are real! I've been following the 12 hour (minimum) fasting rule for quite sometime now, and do my best to not eat after 7pm. I rarely wake up hungry so this has been fairly easy for me. I really think it's helped me drop 5 lbs without changing or moderating anything else in my diet. But sometimes the ice cream calls my name at 9pm :p I try the usual stuff...drinking lots of water helps.
    It's in the 80s here so I got my winter body in the pool yesterday. Scary. But it felt great!
    Still drinking wine
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd, thanks for the tips on the evening snack cravings. Drinking water may help, especially if there is some vodka in it..... :drinker: Sometimes a cup of broth helps me, so I should try that too. I am a bit concerned the scales will not have good news on Friday. Envious of your 80 degree weather and winter body! ;)

Sh!tty weather here in the PacNW. They say we are in for a week of a "River of Moisture" coming off the pacific ocean. The good news it that it usually dries out by July. B)

Robin, I am happy your trip to Vegas was good. The grandkids grow up so fast!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Gary, I drink decaf tea at night if I want to eat. The Tazo Dessert Delights are amazing. I have tried lemon loaf and butterscotch blondie and love them both.

I've been lushing along. I have blood work tomorrow so thought maybe I'd abstain a few days. I had a 0 Monday and drank a decent amount the last 2 nights. I had work happy hour and then last night it was so nice out we had a fire pit. Then went to our neighbor's. I was in bed by 11ish and got up and worked out this morning. I may try for a 0 tonight; at least no more than 2 if I do drink.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on the tea Ashley! Maybe I will try some sleepy time tea tonight!
  • rjadams
    Options
    TGIF Lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    edited February 2018
    Options
    TGIF!!
    Don't really care about the Super Bowl but we got stuff for the grill. I'll make some salsa and guac and yes, there will be wine for me. :drinker:
  • ryzeman
    Options
    We had 16 family members over to watch the Super Bowl. Like Syd, we really didn't care for who won. Moderated on the booze, not so much on the food. Looking forward to a good week!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    That's a crowd, Gary! We kept it simple. Both the husband and I were battling sinus issues. Actually had a 0 Saturday and some wine yesterday. Still not feeling all that great today so I'll probably stick with another 0 today. Good news is I'm dropping weight again. We'll see if it sticks.
    Hope everyone has a great week!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Been feeling like caca so no booze. But no exercise either :/ Probably will just stick with 0's all week.

Hope everyone else is having a good week
  • ryzeman
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Uhg! Get better Sydney!!!
    Going for a glass of wine tonight (1).
  • gwenm4
    gwenm4 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well I've been away from MFP and gained 5 pounds... so I'm back. And need to really kick things into high gear.

Mon = 1
    Tues = 1/2
    Wed = 0
    Thurs = we are going to a wine dinner, so it's probably going to be at least 3.
  • rjadams
    Options
    sorry you are ill Syd. Good to see you again Gwen. Gary I just really wanted the Pats to lose the superbowl so it was good. I have been in class all week and trying to keep up with work necessities. I have not been moderating as much when I get home. I will get back to it next week.