Music

Options
leeonmcdaniel
leeonmcdaniel Posts: 11 Member
edited January 2018 in Social Groups
What is everyone's go to song / genre when it comes to working out ?

Replies

• theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Upbeat hip hop or rap. Enjoy anything kind of positive that is medium paced so I can time it with my swim stroke. Too fast and it's off beat with my body, too slow and I laze in the pool. You?
  • evilfairies
    evilfairies Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm so picky about my workout music! I wish I wasn't because it's hard to put together a playlist that I don't get sick of.

Right now, I have a lot of pop music: Rihanna, JT, Ariana Grande, Lily Allen, etc. and then some System of a Down, Billy Joel, and other weird things that don't really make any sense to work out to. I also love working out to the Hamilton soundtrack for some reason.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It changes a lot for me. I do prefer music that is upbeat and faster. I've found Sia to have some really motivational beats along with lyrics that go great with working out. I've got stamina! Move your body! Never give up! I'm unstoppable!
  • Keeblerelfkin
    Keeblerelfkin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I switch between music channels on the tv, although I swear they play all the songs I love as soon as I quit exercising, no matter what time I do it either :)
  • UnicornSmoothie
    UnicornSmoothie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist that ranges from My Chemical Romance to Black Veil Brides to Queen to One Direction.
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Here is my current playlist. Mostly pop with a sprinkling of 80’s and 90’s hip hop!

7lrtfeneiw3p.png
    swj8cpusbbcd.png
    419mgbbvsgiy.png
  • rabidhamster87
    rabidhamster87 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm with @CheezWhiz88 in that I watch tv or listen to audio books. The best part about watching tv on the elliptical is forcing myself to go that extra few minutes so that I can finish my show before I go home.
  • leeonmcdaniel
    Options
    theowlbox wrote: »
    Upbeat hip hop or rap. Enjoy anything kind of positive that is medium paced so I can time it with my swim stroke. Too fast and it's off beat with my body, too slow and I laze in the pool. You?

My music preference depends a lot on my mood honestly, if im just wanting a lifting session then its country music. but when its cardio I listen to hip hop / r&b / & rap. and after words its the old school (90's) r & b to calm down and shower lol

• leeonmcdaniel
    Options
    I'm so picky about my workout music! I wish I wasn't because it's hard to put together a playlist that I don't get sick of.

Right now, I have a lot of pop music: Rihanna, JT, Ariana Grande, Lily Allen, etc. and then some System of a Down, Billy Joel, and other weird things that don't really make any sense to work out to. I also love working out to the Hamilton soundtrack for some reason.

I use Pandora and spotify normally. I don't have my own downloaded music so those are my go to
  • theowlbox
    theowlbox Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    My music preference depends a lot on my mood honestly, if im just wanting a lifting session then its country music. but when its cardio I listen to hip hop / r&b / & rap. and after words its the old school (90's) r & b to calm down and shower lol

Me too! I would be kind of mortified if anyone heard my music in the pool. I sometimes forget and sing along, then you can hear it only when i take a breath. :smiley:

Cool down time is all smoooooth jammmmmms. I vote yes on all 90's r & b and would add the 70's to that. Teddy Pendergrass and Ron Isley make me instantly relax.

• ckh825
    ckh825 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    @UnicornSmoothie your list sounds about like mine just add is some breaking Benjamin
  • tammyfranks2
    tammyfranks2 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    SIA oh yeahhhh !! But I love @Mellykay88 listens to ice ice baby LOL
  • amy_kee
    amy_kee Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I listen to either my saved playlist, or to a couple of throw back iHeart stations from the 70's and 80's. I used to go out to certain clubs in the 70's and I remember dancing to those great songs and when I play the great beats when I work out, it is wonderful.
  • fatoldladyonamission
    Options
    I tend to use one of the Apple Music Dance Throwback playlists at the moment. Lots of nice upbeat tracks and a bonus in that I know most of them so can silently sing along! I tend to have my music pretty loud but use earphones rather than having the rest of the house sharing it with me! Hadn’t thought about trying to properly watch anything on tv but could probably set my iPad up on Netflix so might try that one day. I’m into the music for the moment, but it’s still early days yet!