DisneyVeganLove Posts: 112 Member
edited January 2018 in Social Groups
Feel free to introduce yourself. 8gc6a0giq62m.jpg

Replies

• DisneyVeganLove
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi! My name is Melissa. I am a mother and a wife. I have been eating vegan for over 3 years now. My change was pretty easy, at the time my teen aged daughter was eating vegan and as a mom I was concerned that she was eating well. I began cooking well balanced vegan meals for her to insure she was getting all she needed in her new diet. I read a lot about being vegan and a ton of recipes. After a while I decided to just cook everything vegan and cook meat as a side for the guys. Everything in my fridge over time was swapped out for vegan and most processed foods are gone.

Eating vegan I feel 100% better. My hair and skin look amazing and I am just happier.

I love Walt Disney World and Travel. I am always happy to talk about them too.
  • sissyspace93
    sissyspace93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm Jennifer and I've been at this since January 18. I'm a pediatric home health care nurse with a college aged daughter, 2 cats, and a dog. I live in Illinois for now. I love all kinds of outdoor activity, and I want to get in better shape to be able to do those activities better.
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    Nice to meet you Jennifer! Thanks for your support. Together we can make our goals!
  • andfivesixseveneight
    Options
    Hi!
    I’ve switched from vegetarian to vegan about a year ago. Had tried it before unsuccessfully because wasn’t paying attention to nutrition. Recently started seeing a dietician to make sure I’m getting it right this time.
    Work as a psychiatric nurse. Married to an easy going omnivore. No kids, just a sweet little dog. Love running, yoga, dancing, cooking.
    @sissyspace93 we camp, hike, bike, and kayak a lot in the summer. What’s your favorite outdoors activities?
    @DisneyVeganLove I really like old Disney films, but have never been to any of the parks. Where else do you travel?
  • dhnorton
    dhnorton Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a 50+ bean counter from the Oregon Coast. I've been vegan with occasional slip ups mostly involving non-vegan chips for 7+ years. I've been on the wagon since the beginning of the year. I slip into emotional eating mostly and have a hard time stopping once I've started. I'm married & have 3 cats and love traveling and music (making it mostly at church). My dh eats mostly vegan and lives in a different city during the week but comes home on weekends. I get my space & me time during the week. When I'm on a roll I workout 5x week in the mornings at home before my hour commute, during which I listen to a lot of podcasts. I find listening to vegan podcasters helps me keep on track.
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    Thanks for joining us Ladies.

I will travel anywhere. We have have visited. Cancun, Nassau, Aruba, some Caribbean islands via cruises and many US States. I love traveling to sunny hot places.

I am not a fan of exercise. I biggest problem is portion size and over indulging.

We have a great group started here. Let's keep the support going!

• sissyspace93
    sissyspace93 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I keep replying to the post I was mentioned in but it keeps disappearing haha. Ok third try is the charm. My boyfriend and I like to rollerblade, kayak, SUP, hike, camp a little, swim. I play a little bit of golf and want to start playing volleyball. Wish I could dance! That would be so much fun but I can't figure out the steps for the life of me.
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    Welcome Cheatherman!
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    Hi Renee!
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    ~wave~
  • thetype2vegan
    thetype2vegan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Jerrica!!! 26, Vegan, Athlete (Roller Derby), T2D. Nice to meet ya'll!
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jerrica!
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    Thanks for joining us Jerrica!
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    Welcome! You got this dannipage1! Eliminating processed food (cutting back) and potion size.
  • Heather_J_May
    Heather_J_May Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I’m Heather. I look after my grandsons whilst their parents work. Ive been a vegetarian for 27 years but I’m now eating more of a plant based diet. I walk my dogs and go to the gym. I just want to be the best ‘me’ that I can! I live on the south coast in England.
  • DisneyVeganLove
    Options
    Welcome Carly! Happy you are here!