2 years post op and still trying to lose

Options
NoL2003
NoL2003 Posts: 3 Member
Hello there! I was sleeved in March 2016, so I'm almost 2 years post op. I lost pretty slowly and pretty much hit a stop about 6-9 months ago. My highest weight was 289, and my weight as of the 1st of this year was 196. My husband left on a deployment and I decided that this was the time to kick things into gear and really focus on losing the last 50lbs. I'll admit, I stopped following the rules after the first year and kind of went back to my old eating habits (although just not eating nearly as much), but now I've been eating MUCH healthier. I've cut down my carbs drastically, got rid of all the junk food in the house, and am eating all around much healthier and more balanced meals. I've also started working out regularly, doing cardio and strength training. Something I rarely did after surgery (and never did before surgery). I'm really trying to get out of my bad old habits but boy are they ever in the back of my mind still. You definitely don't lose that part of you with the surgery. I'm currently on a daily goal of 1400 calories, and less than 100 carbs with 60g protein. I was trying for 1200 calories, but I am afraid maybe that was too low? My nutritionist is no longer available so it's hard to get information. I've managed to lose 4lbs since Christmas, but I am wishing it was more. It gets frustrating at times because I know I am still very overweight (I am only 5'4"), and I feel like for once in my life I am actually doing everything right like I am supposed to be, so I feel like I should be showing better results. I guess I just have to be happy with what I've achieved so far.

Replies

• Whitnit809
    Whitnit809 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I had the vsg surgery in June of 2015. I’d be happy to be your pal! I am finding that my old habits are creeping back. Food addiction is no joke!! Feel free to message me or add me!!
  • Loriharris46
    Loriharris46 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi...has sleeve surgery Oct 10th 2018...weight was 282...got down to 192...old eating habit back and new ones...never craved sweets and the last few months lived on ice cream sandwiches...im back on fitness pal after a few months break...trying again ...i had went back up to 216 now 205...interested in more support if you guys want to add me as a friend.