Please Introduce Yourself

Options
Hi There! Thanks for joining the group! Please take a moment to tell the rest of us a little bit about yourself. Maybe what location and/or department you are in and what some of your health strengths are and what some of your challenges are. . . .whatever you want to share!

Replies

• MichelleE71
    MichelleE71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am Michelle and I am the Wellness Committee representative who has been coordinating the weight loss challenges for the past few years. I work at NLS HQ and am one of the Business Systems Analysts, as well as a Wellness Committee team member.

I love being involved in these challenges because it lets me meet people from all over the company that I normally might not come in contact with!

My personal challenge at the moment is getting back in shape after working on recovering from (2) back surgeries last year. My physical ability is still reduced, so am beginning with changing my diet and working up to building up my leg strength enough to get back on regular workouts.
  • CharlesS6730
    CharlesS6730 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone! I am Charles Shreves. I am a senior rep in customer care and I have been with Nautilus for 8 years and love every day here!

Why am I here? Well Around February 2017 I was at the heaviest point of my life and did not feel good at all! I was getting awfully close to 300lbs (296lbs). I knew something needed to be done but I did not really have any direction so I simply started eating less. I reduced my food intake by 60% which still was a lot of food. By December 2017 I managed to get down around 240. That month I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. At that time I was having crazy symptoms as well. I want to stay around for my wife and kids. I had to do more and simply eating less was not enough. I really had some work to do. Especially with an A1C at 11%

January 1st 2018. My wife and I decided to start Whole 30. Between logging everything I eat and also eating the right foods I started losing weight again. My starting weight on 1/1 was 240lbs. As of Today I managed to get myself down to 214Lbs. I have not been at this weight in about 20 years. I feel fantastic and have noticed my Symptoms have disappeared. I get retested for my A1C again soon.
  • vipermaverick
    vipermaverick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm the Manager of Order Management here at HQ. I've been at Nautilus for 11 years. I need to get back into some better habits, so my challenge is simply to move more every day.