it can be hard without motivation

Options
wmidge25
wmidge25 Posts: 7 Member
I am diabetic as well and I am having difficulty adjusting to a new diet plan. It is hard when there is no motivation. I want to be healthier, lose weight, lower my A1c, etc., but there is minimal motivation. I am always stressed out, whether it be at work or at home which leads me to comfort foods. Not good for me. Maybe we can help each other??

Replies

• mrskatcoy
    mrskatcoy Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I just love food! Period! I eat when I'm not even hungry just because it sounds good. I'm trying to be mindful of how I feel now! I think they call it "intuitive eating". And, trying to eat little to no bread, pasta, etc... More meat and veggies! Trying to skip on desserts! Definately need motivation! Dealing with High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, High Triglyderides, CPAP, Type II Diabetes and cancer! Whew! Have to fly to our cruise in May and am worried I won't fit in the airplane seat, the belt won't fit, etc....Life would just be so much easier!
  • smcrocker062
    smcrocker062 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What diet plan are you on? I was just told to do a LCHF diet. I am dealing with Sleep apnea, High blood pressure, triglycerides could not be calculated, Cholesterol issues and type 2 diabetes.My blood sugar when diagnosed was 395 and had an a1c of 9.9. I started thinking either I can get busy kicking this stuff *kitten* or I can die. I thought number 1 was good. At the time I was diagnosed I weighted 222 lbs. on Dec 14, 17. Since then I have started following a Keto diet in January 5th and have followed it even on a cruise. To date I have lost 14.7lbs and nowhere near where I want to be at. I still have about 80 to 90 lbs to go. I'm not giving up hope, only been here for a month but. You are not alone. Give up the Bread, Pasta, potatoes, Sugar, Soda. Drink Water, Tea(unsweet). Look into keto you will be amazed how you feel after a couple of weeks on it. Just be sure to ease into it so you can avoid the keto flu.
  • slowlyimprovingmyself
    Options
    I agree with smcrocker062 - you aren't alone. Last year I was diagnosed in july at 226 lbs with an A1C of 9.1%. I was immediately put on metformin 500 twice a day and in three months got my A1C down to 5.9%. I still had borderline high cholesterol/triglycerides and by my 6 month I got my A1C down to 5.2%. I cut down metformin to once a day and have lost 40lbs so far. It definitely isn't easy. I do a LCHF diet/almost keto (about 50g net carbs a day max) and I do feel way better. Even if you love food - you can do it!
  • agape919
    agape919 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just diagnosed with diabetes - I view it as a blessing in disguise because this has really lit a fire under me so that I can get serious and start living a healthier lifestyle. My coworker just gave me info on Keto so I'll be reading up on that tonight. Glad there is support out there! Thanks!
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I am also a type 2 diabetic. I didn't take it serious at beginning but now my A1C was over 9 don't remember the exact . number. But i'm due for another A1C april 4th so hoping for lower number. Right now doing ok on moderate carbing. I tried low around 20 and my B/s dropped to 3.9 that's way to low. Be careful don't go to low. Moderate isn't bad. My pharmacist told if you go Keto be sure to be watched so they can cut down the medication accordingly. So again be careful. But it does work.

Want something sweet i'm having right now my breakfast 4 strawberries. 1/4 cup wild blueberries 1cup 2% milk and tbs. of whey protein powder. need to go put this in my recipes on fitness pal. It won't be my last one. But this makes two very full cups. Good for snack or if you crave sugars.

Hope to find this site again.
    See you all lighter