Like Minded Lushes - Winter 2018

Options

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Robin- we wanted the Eagles to win as well. It was a fun game to watch! No booze in the house so I expect a zero tonight!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Well, all 0's for me this week. That's a 1st in I don't know how long. I've pretty much replaced wine with ice cream tho, so probably not the best.

Hoping to feel better enough this weekend to celebrate our 31st anniversary. That would include wine. :drinker:
    Hope everyone has a good weekend!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I got a 0 on Monday. But I have been working from home taking care of my daughter all day, who has the flu, and I am just now at 4:06 getting ready to pour my first glass of wine. I consider that a success.

Since about right between Thanksgiving and Christmas, my son has had strep twice, the flu once, and another strep like thing, and now my daughter has the flu. F U sickness....
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Ash, it has been a bad flu season! My wife and I were sick with flu, and then colds from Thanksgiving until mid january! Anxious for spring to arrive.

Congratulations on your 31st Anniversary Syd!!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    UGH...take care Ashley. Hope the kiddos get better soon. It's a mofo sick season out there. My son and husband make fun of the wipes I carry around and constantly use when I'm out and about. I'm *this* close to being one of those wacky old ladies who wear a mask out in public.
    I finally felt better yesterday...like for real better. 1st time I haven't woken up with a headache in what seems like forever.
    Had several glasses of wine yesterday and an In~n~Out double double cheeseburger (I'm a cheap date. It's what I was really craving) That probably took care of the 2 pounds I lost last week.
    Have a good week lushes! :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Knock on my, my family seems healthy. We were cooped up most of the weekend, but did get out to dinner Saturday night. It's the first real food Daphne had eaten since Thursday lunch. And then they canceled school today for ice.... Luckily she has after school care she can go to.

I did alright moderating. I starting drinking mid afternoon Saturday and Sunday but drank slow and went to bed early so was good. I'll have my Monday 0 and that's probably it.

Have a great week lushes!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I had zero last night. I also didn't feel like cooking so we had pizza and wings. So I am tired and bloated today. I will probably have another zero tonight. I just haven't felt like drinking. I don't think things are quite right. I just feel a bit off. I hope you all have a great Valentines day.

I told Doug all I wanted for Valentines was for him to take a load of empty cardboard to the dump. I am an easy going gal.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day Lushes! <3
    Plugging along here. No zeros.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Happy Valentine's day lushes!! :flowerforyou:
    No 0's here either
  • rjadams
    Options
    so I got my salary review and confirmed my incentive payout on Wednesday so I celebrated with whisky. so no zeros.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I got a 0 Monday. Then made up for it the next night. BIL came over for dinner and we drank 2 bottles of wine, some ciders, and a cocktail. Mostly in the hot tub time machine. Therefor, we just split a bottle of white with our crab legs yesterday. I was thinking I may get a 0 tonight, but it's supposed to be 71 here!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    No 0's here.
    Wrapping up my MIL's taxes which has been difficult. The #s tell the story of her illness so it's kind of like reliving it all. :'(
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd, sorry you have to relive your MIL's illness again. I think the "golden years" of our lives are mostly wishful thinking...
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Cold, rainy, and wintery here. Makes me just want to curl up and do nothing. I need to firm up a vacation plan. That'll help motivate me!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    No 0s here. Maybe one tonight? I seriously need to firm up my diet (and boozing). Plan is to start next week!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Got a zero in last night. Going for another tonight!
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Been a while since I checked in. Was participating in the Dry Jan and Feb challenges. Went about 40+ days with nothing then I caved. Couldn't help it. My favorite local brewer is making this new unbelievable craft for Patrick's Day and it's a limited run.

One thing I've learned from those threads (which I've opted out of) is that I don't consume nearly as much as others do. Mostly just 1 each night and I'm done. Sometimes 2... probably during the summer.

Oh well.. I opted out of the Feb thread because it seems most there want to quit altogether. Not me. No way!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Welcome back Dave. So I knew things at work were moving along too well. I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop and it finally did. So on Tuesday I get pulled back by the manager who hates me because she is short handed and has someone going out on leave and she panicked. So I no longer work for someone who trusts me, respects me or even likes me. In fact I have an official verbal warning on my file within one day of being back under her dictatorship. I really need to get out of this place. She is such a b. Needless to say, I have been self medicating.
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Robin. I don't envy your work situation. I've been there a couple times and know just how incredibly stressful that situation can be. The two ladies who "had it in for me" ensured my life was miserable in and out of the workplace. One was considered a work[lace bully by many, but was held in such regard, nothing was done about it.

Hang in there... Life does exist on the otherside of that situation. But like you said, you need to make a change.
  • SoCalWoman
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi Dave, good to see you!

Oh no, Robin! I felt a pit in my stomach just reading about your job. You know all about my husband's similar work situation and it is just so wrong to wake up every morning stressed out before you even walk into your job. It's extremely unhealthy. I'm sending all the positive vibes your way in hopes you can get the hell out of there and find something else. :flowerforyou:

I didn't have a great week with food, exercise or drinking. I can usually manage to keep it together in one of those areas, but nope. Total bust. Time for a reset. :/

Have a good weekend lushes!