Hey everyone!

Options
AltSpeaking
AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
Hey everyone! Ok I'm cheating slightly, I don't have a vivofit, I have the vivosport. Can I still join as the red-haired stepchild? Hahaha

My name is Britt. I am 31, work from home as a blogger/writer/social media and digital marketer. I used to be super active and in shape, and in the past, I have taught martial arts and was a member of the Canadian Armed Forces. Unfortunately, due to some health issues, I had to take a significant step back from my active lifestyle and have gained a lot of weight over the last few years, 50+ lbs to be exact... I am not in a position to start getting up and moving again but its much harder at this stage to take it back off! Just bought myself a Garmin as a means of motivating myself and getting back on track. Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here!

Replies

• vlknoch
    vlknoch Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Britt,
    I'm Vance
    I'm a Tech. Coordinator in pace Florida. I have two dogs and though one is a slug and will not run more than a mile (Old Australian Shepherd), the other is a good partner and enjoys a good run (German Shepherd).
    I'm on a quest to get to 190 lbs. and have started a group on Garmin connect called Remedy BJJ.
    If you would like to join for mutual motivation you would be welcome. Along with anyone else that is interested and has reasonable manners.
    Vance
  • AltSpeaking
    AltSpeaking Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My pups sound similar - Our flat-coated retriever will literally lay down on the side of the road 5 min into a run because he's done but my German Shepherd is always up for a good run
  • tomofnz
    tomofnz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey Vance, would love to join your group on Garmin connect but I can't find it. I copied and pasted the name.
    Anyway, keen to connect with anyone on Garmin connect, username as here is: tomofnz