February 15 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    iswty7u7ba5v.jpeg
    mpwg48o22qin.jpeg
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    These are photos taken at my home. When there is fog in the winter, it can cause this beautiful frost covered effect which puts an icy glaze on the trees and grasses. Where I live, we do not have a specific way to describe this phenomenon. On the other hand, in the desert Southwest, it is called “pogonip.”
    I have always loved that word!
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thought I wasn't going to make it within my calories today... then realised I hadn't logged my run! WOOOOH!

Yes to all 3.
    Ran to work, and did a bunch of weed-whacking for 30min this evening. Lawns are out of control at the moment!
  • craigo3154
    craigo3154 Posts: 2,572 Member
    Options
    February 15
    Exercised?: Yes. Walked 6km in 46 mins (hills)
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes

Post dinner walk. I think I walk faster after having eaten. :)

Work day today.

Also I seem to drop more weight if I exercise post dinner, before bed than if I do most activity before dinner. This is irrespective of what I had for dinner (like double dessert :) ). It seems like the burn and after-burn from activity after the last meal of the day prevents the meal from being "stored" overnight (and seems reflected on the scale in the morning).

Part of a sumo wrestlers training is to eat a large high calorie lunch then nap. They are trying to add weight (as weight makes them harder to push). So it makes sense that in order to reduce weight, eat, activity then rest. This way the activity stimulates the use of the more of the nutrients instead of storing them for later.

@lemmyhead. Nice when you find you were under when you thought you may not be. :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Work has been very interesting lately. It's like a soap opera but you know everyone. I am so glad I am not one of the main characters. LOL So glad today I start late hopefully everyone will have chowed down the candy before I get there. I will be able to stay strong another day. It was easy on donut day as they mixed the boxes with peanut donuts. Thank goodness for allergies. Have a great day everyone.
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    @craig, thanks for the information. I ate a huge meal after my workout last night, then went right to bed. And I eat after my dances. I'm going to have to switch that around. I don't want to be on the sumo plan. :)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    February 15, 2018

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

"drop by drop the bucket gets full" Yeah!!! welcome second half of February bucket.
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Anya_000 wrote: »
    @craig, thanks for the information. I ate a huge meal after my workout last night, then went right to bed. And I eat after my dances. I'm going to have to switch that around. I don't want to be on the sumo plan. :)

I agree... thanks @craigo3154, it makes a lot of sense. I definitely do not want to be a sumo wrestler. :)
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    These are photos taken at my home. When there is fog in the winter, it can cause this beautiful frost covered effect which puts an icy glaze on the trees and grasses. Where I live, we do not have a specific way to describe this phenomenon. On the other hand, in the desert Southwest, it is called “pogonip.”
    I have always loved that word!

Beautiful photos again thank you! We call it a 'hoar frost' in uk
  • fatbambi2017
    fatbambi2017 Posts: 1,295 Member
    Options
    Been a little warmer today and sunny!
    Exercise yes definitely! 10 min Qigong, 17 min yoga, 90 min cleaning, 60 min walk at dusk, beautiful evening!
    Tracking yes
    Calories yes
  • oykucan
    oykucan Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Exercise: Yes. (45 min music playing and another 45 min cardio-dance video)
    Calories: Yes.
    Tracking: Yes.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. 30 mins Yoga
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Exercised: yep focus T25...I was dripping sweat! Such a great workout
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Thursday, Feb 15
    Exercise: Yes, Finally, beautiful weather! Spent about 4 hours working in the yard.
    Calories: Yes
    Tracking: Yes
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 with another 1 hour walk with DH in 50+ degree temps! Beautiful sunny morning, but clouded over with some rain this afternoon. Grilled filet mignon for dinner nonetheless. I always do the grilling at our house as I learned years ago that DH is into "tanning" meats to the point of shoe leather. He's perfect in every other way, though! <3

Loved the pics @RangerRickL! Reminded me of a poem I wrote years ago called "Stranger in the Night" about Jack Frost.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,139 Member
    Options
    Squeaked by on calories today, but ok. Tracked it all and had a good strength workout and the usual walk down and up the hill to the car and bank home again 1km each way.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, a 60 minute PiYo class
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
  • lcollaro
    lcollaro Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, even managed to treat myself to a glass of wine with a little pasta for dinner and stay under
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, 75 min dog walk
    Calories: yes, even avoided yummy work temptations!
    Tracked: yes