Like Minded Lushes - Winter 2018

Options

Replies

• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Annual Dr appt coming up in a week or so. Gotta eat and drink healthy!

Crickets in here. I hope to hear from you all soon!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I had quite the weekend. Drank WAY too much Friday so had a waste of a Saturday. It kept my drinks down the rest of the weekend though!

Tonight is work happy hour, so I'm off to drink beer soon! And it's lovely here. Too bad we're getting more rain tomorrow, my day off..... We're having major flooding in Louisville. Our only damage is our hot tub control box go fried somehow. I'm assuming it was deluge of rain related....
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Work is what it is. She wrote up another one of my coworkers for no good reason other than her spy accused him of saying things in conversations with the group when we all get here around 5 am. Somebody on her side has time to sit and document things. or in this case, make them up. One of the documented times he was talking loudly he wasn't even at his desk. He was in the factory shooting video. But hear say is all it takes for the b to act on it. Searching frantically for something else. Or if I get caught in the shoot out I may just sell everything I own and start over with Doug and find a little piece of property to build on and live a simple life through to the end.

Copious amounts of vodka being consumed.
  • justlog
    justlog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    rjadams wrote: »
    Hi all, Work is what it is. She wrote up another one of my coworkers for no good reason other than her spy accused him of saying things in conversations with the group when we all get here around 5 am. Somebody on her side has time to sit and document things. or in this case, make them up. One of the documented times he was talking loudly he wasn't even at his desk. He was in the factory shooting video. But hear say is all it takes for the b to act on it. Searching frantically for something else. Or if I get caught in the shoot out I may just sell everything I own and start over with Doug and find a little piece of property to build on and live a simple life through to the end.

Copious amounts of vodka being consumed.

A toxic work environment to be sure...
  • ryzeman
    Options
    March 1st- I am sooo ready for spring!
    Doing well moderating. Nothing like an upcoming Dr exam to motivate. I face the scales tomorrow morning. We will see if this last week has been successful.
    I am sorry about your *kitten* work environment Robin. Being around rotten coworkers really does suck. I highly recommend retirement ASAP!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Happy March 1st!!
    Hang tough Robin.

Ended up tagging along with the husband to his annual ski trip in Vail. Weather hasn't been bad, warming up to the 30s and 40s. Have managed to moderate fairly well.
    Home tonight. Hopefully will find my exercise routine soon.
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    rjadams wrote: »
    Welcome back Dave. So I knew things at work were moving along too well. I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop and it finally did. So on Tuesday I get pulled back by the manager who hates me because she is short handed and has someone going out on leave and she panicked. So I no longer work for someone who trusts me, respects me or even likes me. In fact I have an official verbal warning on my file within one day of being back under her dictatorship. I really need to get out of this place. She is such a b. Needless to say, I have been self medicating.

Every now in again I come and check in on my favorite, only lushy group. Robin I could have written this. I can not wrap my head around these psycho bosses. The vividly horrible thoughts I have towards narcissistic, crappy bosses. Sending better work vibes your way.
    For those new lushes, I am Diana, also known as wolfy here, I check in about three times a year. I enjoy libations.
    Cheers!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    wolfie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3<3
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,149 Member
    Options
    Hi Syd!!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Up 2 pounds after Vail. I need to pull it together.
    Have a good week lushes!
  • rjadams
    Options
    Still just hanging in there. Doug had a bad bout with gastritis so we went to the ER yesterday morning around 3AM. That was fun. He is fine. Searching for a new job everyday and just plugging along. Cheers lushes.

Hi Wolfy!!!!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Annual Dr appt tomorrow. I have been good the past few days. Grumpy but good.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Good luck at the Dr Gary! I hate Dr's...almost as much as dentists...who I'm going to today. :( I was good for 2 days. That's probably my limit so I expect there will be wine tonight.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Good luck at the dentist Syd. I had my dental cleaning on Monday. Ugh. Today I will see my primary Dr. My previous Dr left the practice so this is a new one. From the name I think she is from India. It ought to be interesting. I am thinking of some vodka tonight.
  • SoCalWoman
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Dentist went well. He's dying to pull my wisdom tooth because, well, he's a crazed weirdo who loves to extract teeth just for the hell of it. The tooth is perfectly healthy. So, yeah...he's not getting near it.
    I had wine

• ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- good job not letting your dentist talk you in to an unneeded procedure. To many of us see The Doctor without realizing that he or she is human and not some infallible being. The only thing he has going for him is that he is a crazed weirdo. Otherwise I couldn't see his appeal..... B)
  • rjadams
    Options
    Hi all,
    Nothing much to say. Doug is going to have more tests. Today his blood sugar was really high. Then again he hasn't eaten anything for several days. Vodka is still my best friend right now.
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Robin, sorry to hear about Doug not feeling well. Usually if he hasn't been eating you would expect him to have low blood sugar. Is he diabetic? I (and all of us as well) hope the equinox sees good things for you guys!

• SoCalWoman
    Options
    I finished the tax returns for my MIL and the trust. We're officially wrapped up on all the financials. One more door closed on a totally ef'ed up 2017. Some sort of celebrating needs to happen but for now it'll probably be just wine. :drinker:
    TGIF lushes!
  • ryzeman
    Options
    Syd- don't forget the gummies!