kind of off topic, but recommendations for home gym flooring?

Soy_K
Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
do any of you have home gyms where you practice - what kind of flooring do you have? i'm looking for flooring for just a small amount of space that won't slide around on a slick surface and maybe has a little cushion for falling or tumbling?

Replies

• briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    I have jiu Jitsu mats in the garage... maybe if you keep an eye out you can get some used ones...
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    I was just at Sam's club and saw this and immediately thought it would be great on a gym floor. it is double layer high density foam.

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/floating-oasis-online-dsv/prod22131958.ip?xid=plp:product:1:3
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    briteyes wrote: »
    I have jiu Jitsu mats in the garage... maybe if you keep an eye out you can get some used ones...

That's my dream, only it would be spare room, not garage!!! Granted my club is only 1km from home so its nearly the same!!!
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    Outside on the lawn (muay Thai) good for balance as the ground can be uneven.
  • Soy_K
    I wish my backyard was flat - it's on a very steep incline so it's hard to practice there!
  • Soy_K
    i decided to go with gymnastics style carpet with the padding. i'm just going to order one 5x10 roll out chunk first, see if i like it and then order a second and trim to cover the whole room (10x14). i can't wait!!!