then

21-15-9
Deadlifts (185/135)
50-ft. bear crawl

Replies

• shaypearl
    shaypearl Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I did this RX. I finished the DLs at 1:11 but I could not get a handstand to save my life. I have such a headache right now. I just wanted to try it. Monday I will do it scaled.
  • shaypearl
    Options
    So I went back and did it scaled. I got 153. So close to finishing it.

What do you guys think will be in 18.5? We have yet to do wall balls, box jumps, and thrusters.
  • eileent76
    eileent76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did this one twice as well. RX HSPU are a new skill to me, and timing the kip got in my way first attempt.
    1st attempt: 31reps
    2nd attempt: 67 reps! Success in working on my timing over the weekend.

I’m afraid Friday being thrusters, box-over-Burpees and Chest-to-Bar pull-ups. I really dislike Wall balls, so maybe they’ll appear as well. My only hope is a descending count, and/or a time cap...I don’t want to do any of the above for more than 20 minutes!
  • shaypearl
    Options
    eileent76 wrote: »
    I did this one twice as well. RX HSPU are a new skill to me, and timing the kip got in my way first attempt.
    1st attempt: 31reps
    2nd attempt: 67 reps! Success in working on my timing over the weekend.

I’m afraid Friday being thrusters, box-over-Burpees and Chest-to-Bar pull-ups. I really dislike Wall balls, so maybe they’ll appear as well. My only hope is a descending count, and/or a time cap...I don’t want to do any of the above for more than 20 minutes!

Congrats on the improvement. I spent all day Saturday practicing HSPU also and still could not get one.

I do not want to hear Thrusters. I cannot stand them. I do box jumps very slow. I'm hoping for a time cap also.
  • Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I did this one twice. My goal the whole time was just to make it to the bear crawls. I did them a couple months ago and it was .. TERRIBLE.

Anyway, 1st attempt was 1 round and 13 deadlifts. 2nd attempt was 1 round and 40 ft bear crawl! I honestly think it was this workout that solidified my "I need to keep this as a major part of my life" thinking on CrossFit. (I honestly was so excited to write here that 2nd day. I can't believe I never did)
  • shaypearl
    Options
    Kohanai wrote: »
    I did this one twice. My goal the whole time was just to make it to the bear crawls. I did them a couple months ago and it was .. TERRIBLE.

Anyway, 1st attempt was 1 round and 13 deadlifts. 2nd attempt was 1 round and 40 ft bear crawl! I honestly think it was this workout that solidified my "I need to keep this as a major part of my life" thinking on CrossFit. (I honestly was so excited to write here that 2nd day. I can't believe I never did)

Good Job Kohanai. Keep up the good work.