Introductions!

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Hello UAC April 2018 members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. This is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    First time here. Live in United arab emirates. i have about 45 pounds to lose. struggle with eating right and staying within my caloire limits
  • PaisleyFlower
    PaisleyFlower Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hi All! Cath from New Zealand here. I did the challenge in July - it was really good for keeping me honest. I'm back to give it my best in April :smiley: Nothing like a birthday (today) to get you motivated again! I have about 30kg (64lbs) to lose. The only way is through!
  • WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Cath from New Zealand here. I did the challenge in July - it was really good for keeping me honest. I'm back to give it my best in April :smiley: Nothing like a birthday (today) to get you motivated again! I have about 30kg (64lbs) to lose. The only way is through!

Happy Birthday, @PaisleyFlower!!!
  • madhavi488
    madhavi488 Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Hello Admin n all..thanks for this group. Iam Madhu from India. I am literally looking fir this type of challenge. I want to loose 10 kgs to get into shape.hope I will succeed through MFP and your motivation...good luck guys and love you all
  • LNSug30
    LNSug30 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I have reached a point in my life where I am ready to DO THIS THING! I gave birth in 2017 to my 2nd child and it is time to lose this weight. I have been at this since January 2018. I am down 30.4 lbs so far this year by learning how to fuel my body...really focused on nutrition. I have not exercised at all! So, I would love some accountability and a group to share in this journey and help get me moving!
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m a 43 yo science teacher chiming in from the Philadelphia, PA area. This is my second month joining the challenge. I am working hard to drop weight to get it off of my injured foot to make recovery speedier and hopefully less painful. I gained back much of the weight I lost 3 yrs ago this past year. I have actually enjoyed trying some new ways to exercise that I wouldn’t have thought of doing before. I am only supposed to be doing a small deficit since my body is healing so I only lost two pounds in March but lost an entire pant size
  • marthall
    marthall Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm back to this challenge after falling of the wagon last year (and it was going well for several months). I know how to do this, I just need to build the habit back up and cope with the comfort eating.
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Ok, sod it, I'm in for April as well. I dwelled a bit, wasn't sure, but I don't see myself keeping accountable if I don't join something like this. Second month around for me.
    Technically speaking, I have only one race in April so one pass, unless I screw up. Oh and my birthday but I'm not sure what I'll do then, it's a weird day, I may party like it's my last day of life or I may ignore it completely. We'll see.

BTW, I'm a triathlete now more or less maintaining the weight I reached. Wouldn't mind to lose some more but my body thinks otherwise. Guess you won't see a slip off my training schedule but I risk plenty on the diet side. Will try to be a bit more present and write a bit more, too.
  • zindroth
    zindroth Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am getting towards my goal, and am finding it very difficult to stay focused for the last 10 lbs. I keep thinking that this is enough, if my body wanted to be at a lower weight then it would be easier to lose weight. (ignoring all of the easter candy that has crept into the house and such).

The accountability is what I am after right now, as I thrive in pass/fail environments. I find the discipline to be very helpful.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'm back for a 3rd month! This group has been great, and the simplicity of the rules, as well as the strictness of honesty, have been helpful. I'm maintaining my weight at this point. I lost 35 pounds about 6 years ago, and the fluctuations have not been too bad. The discipline of an exercise and tracking routine did their job, even though I was in menopause - the weight is gone and I'm not taking it back! Keeping track and not slipping. Always.

I am 64, recently retired, I live in rural Québec (Canada). I'm a musician and help take care of the 3 wonderful horses my daughter and I have together. Getting ready for hiking and horseback riding season. Putting away the snowshoes soon, I hope...