Suggestions for my first DVD

Options
jen_fitnhappy
jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
Hi all!

New to the group/walking at home and I'm excited to get started! I'm looking at Leslie's DVDs and there's so many to choose from!

I need to get back in shape. I've always treadmilled but injured my back last year and gained 10+ pounds. Injury wasn't "major" and I'm fully recovered now. Mid forties with a busy schedule. Reading everyone's posts and impressed by your enthusiasm and love for these DVDs!!!!

So what DVD would YOU recommend to start with? Beginner/Intermediate, not too long not too short. Can't wait to start!

Thanks

Replies

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    I would first suggest checking out her Walk at Home youtube page. It has a decent collection and it will give you a good idea of what you might be looking for.

That being said I would with her Walk Slim: Fast Walk and 3 Fast Miles. It was one of the first ones I got. You can start slow if you need and build up to bigger bolder miles.

Welcome to the group!
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    I agree with Deeder. Her youtube page is a great place to start.

My personal favorites are some of her Walk Away the Pounds workouts. The 4 Mile Super Challenge is one of her best, IMHO. Walk Off Fat Fast has a 3 workouts, 20 minutes, 30 minutes and 40 minutes long. 5 Boosted Miles is a lot of fun and there is always someone showing the less intense moves. The 5 Day Slim Down is a good one. It's just Leslie, no group of walkers in this one.

HTH.

Glad you joined us.
  • jen_fitnhappy
    jen_fitnhappy Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you both! I've been using her YouTube videos as you suggested the past couple of days until some of those DVDs you recommended arrive. I've been really enjoying it... easy yet a good workout!

HAPPY WALKING!