Lunch ideas

Options
jniece55
jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
Hello!! Sometimes I don't get to food prep on sundays. Do you all recommend or have ideas for quick lunches I can grab and go on those days

Replies

• jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hjackson1226
    hjackson1226 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I am always a fan of string cheese and lunch meat with some pickles.
    Hard Boiled Eggs with some sort of avocado or other healthy fat.
    I do not eat celery but I have seen prepackaged celery sticks and cheddar cheese with a cup of peanut butter in the produce section at the grocery store (the PB will have added sugar most likely).
    Tuna pouches - make a quick tuna salad and eat with whisps (cheese "crackers"), pork rinds, or celery.
    Pepperoni, String Cheese, Olives, celery, and/or pork rinds.
    If you have a microwave accessible - Take a couple of eggs and some crumbled bacon and a slice of cheese with you. Crack the eggs into a bowl, stir in bacon and cheese and make scrambled eggs. I cook this at work every morning for breakfast. Takes about 90 seconds in the microwave.
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I have something very similar to this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/OMELETTE-WAVE/38242954

I will sometimes mix up some eggs in a container with HWC, seasonings and anything else I want (i.e. peppers, crumbled sausage, pre-cooked bacon, etc), bring some cheese and then use this to make myself a quick omelette at work.

It works well enough that one of the other guys here at work has started doing the same thing.
  • Agkerrick
    Agkerrick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drive a lot for work, so my food must be portable.
    I love hard boiled eggs or egg muffins that I prep.
    Salami with cream cheese
    Pepperoni wrapped cheese sticks
    Blackberries
    Guacamole with cheese wisps
    Mini cucumber with pimento cheese
    Nuts
    Bacon or sausage
  • tdawnp33
    tdawnp33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    We have this thing for lunch we call "meat plate": some slices of meat, cheese, handful of nuts, avocado slices, few olives. Also I make "lettuce sandwiches" which are leaves of green leaf, mayo and mustard spread on, then meat and cheese. Fold the bottom of the leaf up to the top and fold the sides in. Two of those are very filling if you are liberal with the meat.
  • Jcc2018
    Jcc2018 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Is there a pre-packages version of the "cheese wisps" to which I see some of you refer? The only ones I find are in the deli-whole foods section w/o nutrional values. Is there a recipe for making Parmesan wisps?
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I've found best price on parmesan crisps at Sam's club. zero carb and very tasty. I also use them as "croutons" on my salads.
    https://www.samsclub.com/sams/mm-parm-crisps-9-5-oz/prod21340959.ip