New bike this spring!

Options
melluc2
melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
Super excited to buy Liv "Invite". I have to save up for it but it seems to be what I'm looking for in a bike. Not that I'm an expert. I'm looking for a bike that can go on road and gravel but can also have attachments for bags and such.

Any other options or ideas for me to look into before I commit to this one? Open to ideas so I can do some research! :)

Replies

• feliciaboots
    feliciaboots Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Is it primarily going to be a road bike? Those handlebars look kinda scary for gravel
  • melluc2
    melluc2 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's what I said! But there's breaks in the handlebars in 2 different places so you can lean down and bike or sit up and bike. I usually do pretty packed down gravel.
  • Slainte831
    Slainte831 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You also can switch out the handlebars if you prefer a different style.

I had many of the same criteria as you — a bike that is fun on both the road and gravel, one I can commute with, and one that has the eyelets for racks/panniers as I plan to do some touring (but not ridiculously heavy, because then I wouldn’t want to ride!). On top of that, I have a gimpy wrist from a bad break and can’t use drop bars.

I chose a Salsa Vaya Apex, and then kitted her out with Surly's Moloko handlebars (I preferred them to the Jones Loop). It has eyelets for front and rear panniers, fenders, and 3 water bottle cages. I chose pedals that are platform on one side and SPD on the other.

I am in love with my bike
  • knotgood77
    knotgood77 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's a good looking bike. Giant puts out a decent product, I have their orc3 from 2007. It has needed some small upgrades, but overall has been good.