Welcome! Introduce yourself!

Options
73melina
73melina Posts: 1 Member
Hi, I'm Jonelle. I've been doing keto since Dec 9th, and found Coach Jack's FB group soon after. Pounds are going up and down, but I can see my ankle bones, which I call a win!

Replies

• jimdevarie
    jimdevarie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Jim and I had joined the CSK group in FB. I also use MFP and learned about this group. I look forward to continue this WOE and share my experiences as well as learning from others. Thanks
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Elaine, I saw your post on FACEBOOK in CSK
  • mom2rlkb
    mom2rlkb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all saw the post on csk and thought I would check you out . Moderator Rhonda for CSK I have been keto since june of last year down 46 pounds
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Jim, but my friends just call me....wait for it...Jim (with apologies to Gene Wilder, Mel Brooks, and Blazing Saddles). I've been on MFP for years. I just started Keto a week and a half ago. My wife has been doing it since the beginning of the year. She saw your post on CSK (I'm also on that group) and told me, so here I am.
  • MargoCL_72
    MargoCL_72 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Margo. I started Keto January 15th. Have done a ton of research but still unsure of many things. Hoping that other people in the group are experiencing similiar things and we can learn from each other's trial and errors.
  • wburrell89
    wburrell89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Whitney. I started Keto in September of last year. I struggled during the holidays and now I'm back committed fully to Keto. I look forward to being able to go through this journey will all of you!
  • chimesan
    chimesan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Angela.. Started keto on 21 Jan.. I have done keto some years back and have lost close to 55lbs.. I have regained it all when I deviated from diet and exercise.. Here I am again trying to lose and stay healthy forever!!
  • AbbyY77
    AbbyY77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! My name is Abby, I started Keto on Monday, but had done keto late last year for about 7 weeks and lost 18 pounds in that time. I gained about half of it back, but am ready to kick some butt and get down to my goal weight.

I am NO expert by any means, in fact: if you are not a doctor I don't believe that you have a right to tell anyone how they should do the keto diet, but there is one thing I've learned. There are a TON of different variations. After countless hours (seriously, so much time) watching videos, reading blogs/articles, listening to reviews, I have revamped my plan to make this go around much more successful (I had awful "keto flu" symptoms the entire time last time) and figured I'd share my goals with y'all :smile:

1. Most of my carbs should come from vegetables
    2. ELECTROLYTES. Warm salt water in the morning, Powerade zero and Saltstick supplement in the afternoon, swig of pickle juice in the evening
    3. Tracking ALL macros and calories instead of "lazy keto" (only tracking carbs)

Any tips/tricks that I could benefit from? I love learning.

• marm1962
    Options
    Got myself kicked out of the CSK group on facebook
  • mom2rlkb
    mom2rlkb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    marm1962 how did you get kicked out?
  • marm1962
    edited January 2018
    Options
    One of the moderators said I was getting too nitpicky about carbs and protein, told him I wasn't trying to be a pain in anyone's rear that I was just trying to make a statement. Next thing I knew I was booted out and blocked. I guess they consider that arguing with a moderator, I don't know.

it basically stemmed from a post of someone saying they had met their carb and protein intake but still had quite a bit of fat left to go. nobody said that we had a one or two grams leeway for protein and I know carbs are supposed to stay under 20, but if somebody drinks or eats too much of something that says 0 carbs, or zero protein without realizing that there are actually some in there than they could potentially go over their limit. That's all I was trying to say
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm Laura, started keto strictly this past Sunday. I'd lost 67 with just cico and had a very rough year gained back 15. Reset my days and my start weight and started fresh just a couple weeks ago. Looking to do keto primarily for what I read it does for inflammation (I have severe scoliosis and torn hammy tendon ) . Looking forward to making keto friends!
  • bdgfn
    Options
    I hit my initial goal weight this morning. I've lost 13.2 pounds in two weeks. Set a new lower goal. So far, so good!
  • Wildflower65265
    Wildflower65265 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Loving Keto, very happy to have found this group. After losing 90 pounds an allergy to artificial stuff set me back. I try and give it a Mediterranean flair with fish and olives, and then dive into a bacon and cheese fest. Still learning and making mistakes but the weight is steadily moving off. So nice to meet you all!
  • bdgfn
    Options
    So I've been doing keto now for just over a month and a half. Down 23 pounds as of Saturday. I do not crave foods I use to crave all the time, and I don't find that I'm ever really hungry. My advice to anyone doing this is to make sure you hit your macros. Don't cut yourself short, at least not too much. This stuff works if you give it a chance.
  • SmittyFree
    SmittyFree Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    2 weeks on CSK. Learning more everyday. NSV of cognitive improvement and higher energy. Also 5# eliminated. Planning ahead is key. Put together my CSK master shopping list and donated all non-CSK food to my local food pantry and a group of hungry college students. Here’s an article that explains the neurological and metabolic effects of Ketosis and why a ketogenic diet is so healthy, especially CSK’s focus on eating only foods that don’t cause inflammation.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/mind-guest-blog/the-fat-fueled-brain-unnatural-or-advantageous/

• kymmaxwell
    kymmaxwell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My name is Kym and I am just starting on my keto journey. Looking for support and ideas. Somewhere to ask questions and see other's journeys.
  • dclem2012
    dclem2012 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Kym, I am also just starting Keto. Had done Whole 30 successfully a few years ago. Very similar. Lost 19 pounds in 30 days. Kept off for about 2 years. Then gained most back over time, life, and lack of focus over the last 2 years. I love how I felt when I was eating healthier. I want a keto jump start until I get my eating and suger filled brain under control.