Standing by to welcome new members 60+

Options
DragicaG05
DragicaG05 Posts: 2 Member
Starting today, even we who are over 60 pledge to get fit, get in shape and love the process.
Welcome!

Replies

• Obeah1
    Obeah1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 65 from Ottawa Ontario. I was previously active on Fitness Pal but gave up on it some time ago. I plan on hiking in the White Mountains, NH, later this summer and have to lose weight and improve my fitness before I leave. Good luck to us!
  • jaxlace
    jaxlace Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    66 from Lincolnshire. 20 pounds to lose. At my heaviest ever so with a Fitbit and a return to MFP I'm trying again. Arthritis in one knee and other ankle causes problems with exercise and I wish it was easier to find exercises which don't involve running (not possible with no movement in the ankle joint) squat thrusts & similar (ditto) and things at floor level (can't get up again). Apart from swimming which I don't enjoy, I'm left with walking the dog. Any other ideas?
  • TKlepac
    TKlepac Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would like to join this group! Sounds like just what I'm looking for. I have been up and down on the scale since 2006. I lost 35 lbs in 2006. Gained it back by 2010 and have been up and down by 10-15 lbs since then. If you are looking for an aerobic exercise that you can do that doesn't involve running, I suggest Pilates. Pilates builds core. Exercises were designed originally to help those who were getting over serious injuries.