Intro and general questions for the community

bcboncimino
bcboncimino Posts: 1 Member
Hi everyone!
My name is Brooke and I've been keto for a few months and loving it. Do you log foods regularly or as net carbs on MFP?

Replies

• Scwittbrodt
    Scwittbrodt Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Brooke, I'm Solanus. I log each meal when I can. I'm not super religious about it however. I'm also kinda doing lazy keto where I don't measure everything. I just have logical goals I want to try and achieve.

1g of Protein per pound I want to weigh (EX: I weigh 285 lbs, I want to weight 225 lbs. I aim for 225 g of Protein per day).

Fat I don't measure at all

Carbs I try and track so i'm not going over my 5% (25 g) goal. Keep in mind this is net carbs.

For macros I track Carbs, Fiber, Fat, and Protein

Any other questions let me know.
  • justmebythesea
    justmebythesea Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Brooke, I log everything except for most tea and spices, or other 0 calorie items. Generally, I subtract my overall fiber from my overall carbs and try to keep my net carbs under 30. Not super exact, but at least i know generally where I'm at. I'm just starting keto and will probably lower my carbs to 20 (or under) soon, but at this point I'm still learning. I want to keep as many veggies in my diet as possible...
  • theGreatPondero
    theGreatPondero Posts: 15 Member
    Hi all!
    I am trying to be diligent in tracking everything (macros at 5, 25 and 70%) - I do the math for net carbs in the notes at the bottom. Though I found a hacking script on reddit for adding a net carb tracker (I don't know how to install or use the script): https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript

My understanding of Keto is that it's most important to stay under 5% Net Carbs and not go too high with protein. I am aiming for .8 g per pound of lean body mass (found by hydrostatic bodyfat testing). Apparently too much protein can stall ketogenisis.
  • Hard40sta
    Hard40sta Posts: 9 Member
    Hmmm...Looks like we dropped the ball on this, eh? =]