Weekly update!!

Options
Parthus02
Parthus02 Posts: 50 Member
edited March 2018 in Social Groups
Ladies, please feel free to post weekly updates in here (whether it's trying new exercises, experiencing symptoms, doctors appointments, etc.)! We are here to encourage each other.

Replies

• artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm only 5 weeks and I just weighed myself and I gained 5 pounds already! I feel like crying because I know I haven't been super strict, but definitely trying at maintenance, and hungry ALL THE TIME. I don't own a scale so I only weigh myself every other week, at the gym. I think my goal this week is to add a lot more exercise.
  • etdurbin
    etdurbin Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    artbyrachelh..is this your first one? were you considered underweight before you got pregnant? Sometimes if your underweight our bodies will adjust dramatically to the changes that are going on in our bodies. I gained 50 lbs total with my first child. Doctor told me that is what my body wanted to do and just to watch what i eat. maintain a healthy diet and eat in moderation and if you continue to gain weight it might just be what your baby needs at the moment.
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    No, not underweight. My youngest is 14 months. I've been losing, but 15 lbs shy of my goal weight. I'm 5'4" and weighed 151 at time of conception. So.. I guess I was hoping to just stay around this weight as long as I can, within reason! This is my first calorie-counting pregnancy. I've never used "moderation" with my previous pregnancies. lol. There's a first for everything! Thanks for your encouragement
  • Talleah91
    Talleah91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on how to deal with food aversions? I typically love vegetables but my food aversions have been terrible and I’ve been eating mostly simple carbs.
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    I can't really give you any tips on aversion to veggies. I can totally relate. I would say just try to at least take a daily multivitamin?
  • Parthus02
    Options
    @Talleah91, I've been having food aversion too. I take my prenatals daily, of course, but I try to snack on small quantities of veggies I do like in order to get something in my system. My aversion just makes me feel like I'm full when I've barely taken a few bites. But it's easier if I just eat several times a day in small amounts.
  • Parthus02
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks and teetering back and forth between 0 - 2 lbs weight gain. I ate horribly this weekend, but I was so tired that I didn't have the energy to care. Trying to do better this week as there are still 7 weeks to go in this trimester and I doubt I'll only gain 2 lbs lol.

How is everyone's symptoms so far?
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    Good job on maintaining your weight, @parthus02! My main symptom is tiredness. That, and discomfort nursing my 14 month old. I'm struggling with decision to wean him... I know it's time, but I'm not ready!
  • Parthus02
    Options
    @artbyrachelh aww, sorry to hear that! Hopefully you can keep it going for a few more weeks.
  • LinzMargaret
    LinzMargaret Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @talleah91 I was int he exact same place my first trimester... hated veggies, only ate carbs. I got some of those tater tots that have kale in them, tried mixing frozen spinach into soups or other things I could manage. I just did what I could until it passed. I'm 20 weeks now and still have some aversions, but have found handful of veggies I can manage, and I just stick to those.
  • LinzMargaret
    LinzMargaret Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Last week, I ate 4 cheeseburgers :s my husband is super supportive and just told me that it was what I needed. But I'm 20 weeks, and I've gained 15 pounds. It looks to me like I'm gaining weight everywhere, and so I'm really trying to make sure the rest of the weight I gain is done so in a healthy way.

I had stopped using MyFitness Pal at first because I knew I was overdoing it. Some days, it seems like I'm starving allllll day. Others, I eat fairly normally. I've been spinning and jogging again, which feels great, but I'm also getting some sciatic nerve pain as my hips spread. If anyone else has had this problem, Yoga with Adriene on YouTube has a great video for it- it involves being on your back for a while, so I just paused it and took breaks, but the exercises helped a LOT!
  • jesstaylor1186
    jesstaylor1186 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined this group like 20 minutes ago - ha! So my only update since joining is that I updated my MFP profile picture to one I took this morning of myself. :) In my personal opinion.... I am not obese, but my BMI says I am - ha! Anyway, still have the OK from my doctor 11-15 pounds tops for this pregnancy and I am all set.

But here's how my pregnancy has been in a nutshell. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby. My 1st baby is just barely over 1 year old :) But her pregnancy was much easier by comparison. My pregnancy is normal, I'm just a wimp that's all. This baby won't let me eat even a small meal, nothing but small snacks all day for me! Otherwise I get sick (and I'm in the 2nd trimester y'all!). And heartburn has been pretty much a constant as of a week ago. Lots of milk and some Tums here and there! Otherwise all is well!

I DID however, buy a bunch of fresh fruit and veggies from BJ's yesterday! Washed and cut them all up and put them into containers for the week (I'm not exactly a meal-prep fanatic.... but every once in a while I get motivated). What never ceases to amaze me is literally how much better I truly feel when I eat healthy food compared to what's just easiest to grab (like pop-tarts or store-bought meal bars... delicious and have some nutrition but ultimately not the BEST option if I'm totally honest with myself). Our "walking club" at work is starting up next week which I'm very excited about! Finally, nice weather! Also, I've got a resistance band to do a bunch of low-intensity workouts to keep myself in shape (or, hopefully, improved shape) and have done all my upper body (no abs - can't do ab anything anymore now that I'm in trimester 2!) workouts for the day right here in my office :). My 1 year old helps me by making me chase her around the house between dinner and bedtime - ha!
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    Great news! I just had an ultrasound (I'm 8 weeks and super paranoid about losing the pregnancy), and there's a baby, and a perfect heartbeat! I'm so relieved! It's almost like I'm finding out I'm pregnant today! Now the chance of miscarriage is way reduced. Also, I've only gained 1 pound in last 3 weeks, so I feel happy with weight gain.
  • Talleah91
    Options
    12 weeks and up 5lbs. Morning sickness and most aversions have subsided now so hopefully I can get my weight back on track with eating fewer simple carbs. I'm not sure how concerned I should be at this point I know everyone gains differently. An odd issue I've been dealing with is a general feeling of weakness when working out. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    Yes I can relate to your description of weakness while exercising, but not specifically to pregnancy. When I'm calorically deprived, and I work out, it's an awful feeling for me. But I started making a protein shake before workouts and it totally solved that problem! Do you use protein powder? I won't use the whole serving size, in fact I use about 1/3 of it, and it's enough calories to give me energy to workout. I hope that helps! That's great that your nausea and food aversions have subsided!
  • Talleah91
    Options
    Thanks for the great suggestion! I tried a small protein shake before working out yesterday and it helped!
  • artbyrachelh
    Options
    Ladies, I'm feeling discouraged! Yesterday I ate an entire bag of Doritos. This is the old me. Sad but true... not out of the ordinary action for my past self. I really thought that old me was gone! But yesterday proved that not much has changed. I need to shake it off and start fresh! But pregnancy makes it hard. Hormones, hunger, weight gain... I know I should be grateful because many people can't have a baby who want one... but I'm not feeling very grateful right now.
  • Talleah91
    Options
    Stay positive! Today is a new day to start over and get back on track!
  • Parthus02
    Options
    @artbyrachelh every day is a new day. With all the food aversions I'm feeling, I know I'm not as worried about WHAT I'm eating, as long as I'm eating. If I can keep it down, I'll consciously choose the healthier meal. Otherwise, I know I just need to get something in me. I can't eat what I like to eat, and can keep down some of my least favorite foods -- go figure. But, I haven't gained more than 3 lbs (fluctuating up and down) at any given time (and mostly due to bloat based on how fast I lose the weight --sometimes overnight), so that's something I guess. Hang in there, we'll make it eventually!
  • Parthus02
    Options
    I go in for my NIPT tomorrow and although I don't think there's anything to be worried about, I'm on the verge of freaking out. #TheseHormonesWillBeTheDeathOfMe