Weight loss results

Options
Uneeknitter
Uneeknitter Posts: 134 Member
So, are you seeing weight loss? I am going about 6 lbs during the week of reduced calorie intake, but gaining 3 back. That equals a net loss of 3 lbs per month.

I have been having some digestion issues (part of the reason I started this diet) and saw a nutritionist yesterday. She didn't think it was anything too serious and we put a plan in place that shouldn't interfere with FMD for me. She said if all goes well, it should help with boosting the weight loss too. We start our third month in just over a week on the 9th. For us doing it Monday -Friday is easiest, so every 4 weeks instead of 25 days in between it is more like 23. Definitely having my husband do it with me really helps.

Replies

• Uneeknitter
    Options
    Anyone else experiencing weight loss outside of the 5 days? I think I am starting to see about a pound a week now. Plus people are commenting about my face looking different, like I am losing weight.
  • 90kgToNewMe
    90kgToNewMe Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing really well. Weight loss really does show in the face and makes people look younger! Also a good move to see a nutritionist.

The bulk of my weight loss occurred before I did FMD as I was logging all my food and very determined. I started dieting in October and had lost 40lb by the time I started FMD in February. From memory I lost about 7lb doing FMD and put on about 2lb when I started eating normally again. So all up a 5lb loss in the 5 days. I also lost 3cm off my waist which has stayed off.

I'm about to do my second round of FMD tomorrow. Will log my weight and waist measurement in the morning and see how much I lose second time round. Will report back!
  • Uneeknitter
    Options
    Sounds great! I am now doing apple cider vinegar and a digestive enzyme before each meal. I hate doing multiple things without a longer trial over time for a single one, but so far I am down 9 lbs since February. Expecting another 5-7 this week being on FMD again. Thanks for the support and letting me support you too!
  • Uneeknitter
    Options
    This week I lost 4 lbs on FMD. It was a good week. Hope yours went well too!
  • 90kgToNewMe
    Options
    Brilliant. Yes I lost 3.3lb and 2cm off my waist. It’s been three days since I’ve finished, I’ve been eating heartily and the weight has stayed off so all good!
  • Darcy0316
    Darcy0316 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    First, let me say I don't lose weight easily. I'm short and old and female, and any program I follow, even at 1,000 calories a day, I generally lose a couple of lbs. a month, if that. Even MyFitnessPal told me this, at the lowest calories it would put me on (1,200 per day) it told me I would lose 1/3 of a lb per week, lol. My cousin told me about FMD and I had to try it right away. I've done intermittant fasting before, the 16/8 eating window, and it actually helped me maintain my weight for a year without really counting calories. Even though I lose slowly I seem to be able to maintain on what seems to be pretty high calories. Anyway after my 5 day FMD I have lost 3.4 lbs. which is amazing for me. My pants have noticeably loosened around my waist. I would love to lose about 6 more, as I have gained some in the last year (when I stopped doing my 16/8 intermittant fasting!) So I put my calories to 1,000 on MFP and made my macros favor fat with enough protein and carbs to be satisfying and I think it'll be ok for continuing to lose, slowly... What is awesome aboyt the Fasting Mimicking Diet is that I am not craving the surgary things or the fatty salty things! And is it just me, or is food tasting so damn good right now! A half grapefruit tasted so wonderful I was savoring it like desert. :-)
  • Uneeknitter
    Options
    I agree. My biggest mistake coming off my 5-days last weekend was the sugar. I added a little in because of meeting snacks and a goodbye dinner. Then it went downhill fast. I am gonna try to ditch ALL outside sugar this week and even Truvia, my sweetener of choice next to honey. Just makes me want the sweet. I expect I gained back quite a bit because of those poor choices, but I know I can get back on track soon.
  • 90kgToNewMe
    Options
    Yes I’ve been making some bad choice too lately. I think I’ve eaten all the chocolate in the house so hopefully I can get back to it and ditch the sugar stuff.
  • 90kgToNewMe
    Options
    @Darcy0316 Great to hear how well FMD is working for you. How often do you plan on doing the diet?
  • Darcy0316
    Darcy0316 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Once a month! It's doable. And inbetween, I'm doing 16/8 intermittant fasting just to hold on to my losses. I tried to stick to 1,000 cal. a day to continue to lose more but it got too hard. I have however held on to the weight loss by doing 16/8. I have followed 16/8 intermittant fasting on and off for a few years, and it helps me to maintain without trying very hard or tracking food. If I want to lose however, I have to do more than that, like track my food and keep to lower calories. If I do FMD once a month for 5 days and lose a couple of pounds that way, it would be so much easier than tracking food all month. I may continue the FMD even after reaching my goal just for the health benefits.
  • tg701
    tg701 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping this thread is still active. Started Prolon on Monday (on day 3 today) and could use some friendly support. Hope you are all doing well with your IF and FMD! I too have a hard time losing as I get older and an even harder time keeping it off!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    Hey, @tg701 - how did you Fasting Mimicking Diet go for you? I am doing that this week. Friday, I'll go back to my regular diet (mostly plants, based on Eat to Live). So far, I am loving this enough to plan to do this monthly for a while.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    At Day 5 of my first FMD. It has been great. Will definitely do this again next month.