What’s your favorite exercise?

Options
diggydog2
diggydog2 Posts: 107 Member
Do you exercise? If so what works best for you? I’ve found that walking really works for me. I try to do 30 minutes a day minimum but I really see the weight loss if I do more. I try to keep a 3mph pace so that is a mile and a half in 30 minutes. I walk 30 minutes at lunch and 10 minutes twice a day on my breaks. Then I walk my dog for 20-30 minutes in the evening. This usually adds up to 10,000 steps and about 4 miles. All my walking is done outside too. I want to start doing some strength training too. I have osteopenia and weight bearing exercises will help my bones. So what do you all do? Do you go to a gym or exercise at home? Workout with others or solo? Use videos or make up your own routines?

Replies

• kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm a walker also, sometimes a jog but usually just take my pup out for a walk.
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I love walking. I'm just getting back into things after being absent from being active for over a year.. I love high intensity workouts too.
  • diggydog2
    Options
    I'm a walker also, sometimes a jog but usually just take my pup out for a walk.
    My dog loves his walks. As soon as I get home from work he starts barking and doesn’t stop until I put his leash on.
  • diggydog2
    Options
    megannxx wrote: »
    I love walking. I'm just getting back into things after being absent from being active for over a year.. I love high intensity workouts too.
    I stopped walking last September. That combined with bad eating caused me to gain 25 pounds. Never again!! I’m on a mission to reach a healthy weight. I’m glad you’re becoming active again. Stick with it!
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Walking is my thing. I struggle to get myself out the door to begin my walk but I'm NEVER sorry I went. It has contributed greatly to my success in the past. Even just from the point of view of tightening everything up - my pants fit much better even if there's little change on the scale.